Fiftieth Door

December 25th.

Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela bolted from their rooms and dashed downstairs to the living room, where their Christmas tree had been set up. Clementine promised them that if they were good all year, Santa Claus would leave them presents under the tree.

"Did we get gifts?" As they gazed at the tree from the banister, Bela inquired.

Daniela narrowed her eyes. "I see something."

"There are boxes beneath the tree! We received gifts from Santa!" Cassandra yelled as she dashed towards the tree, followed by her sisters.

They all grabbed the boxes from the tree and discovered their own names on each one.

"So we were good all year! Mom was telling the truth, I couldn't believe it!" As she stared at her present, Bela said.

"It's the first time we've gotten something. I can't blame Santa; we've been naughty in recent years." Daniela expressed her thoughts.

"But admit it. It was a lot of fun to be a bad," Cassandra grinned. "But, it's nice to get something for Christmas."

"I'm curious about what's inside my box," Bela raised and shook her box.

When Bela and Cassandra heard the sound of shredding paper, they turned around.

"Oh my gosh!" Daniela let out a gasp. "These are the glitter rainbow sneakers that I always wanted! Santa Claus is awesome!" She squealed with delight.

Bela crossed her fingers and grinned. "Please, please, please let these be Prismacolor premier pencils!" She took a deep breath before pulling the wrapping off the box, and she leaped with pleasure when she did. "Yes! I can't believe I finally got my hands on it! Santa, thank you so much!"

"Please let this be a Taylor Swift vinyl album," Cassandra whispered as she slowly pulled the paper from the box, took a deep breath, and shouted as she opened it. "No way! Santa gave me each vinyl of her albums! Now I have the entire collection! I'm in tears!" Cassandra hugged the box.

Alcina and Clementine, who were hidden behind the drapes, were watching the three from the balustrade. The girls' reactions made the two of them laugh.

"Don't you believe Santa Claus has been nice to them this year?" Alcina gave her a little nudge.

"They deserve it," she grinned. "Even though my bank account is sobbing right now, I don't care," she said with a giggle.

"Did Santa bring you a gift?"

She cocked her head. "Santa already brought me a gift, and she's standing there in front of me."

Alcina rolled her eyes, but her tummy was churning with butterflies. This woman's words have the ability to make her joyful at any time.

"Very funny, sweetheart."

"I didn't get myself a present, but it makes me glad to see the girls being happy. That's my gift for Christmas."

"If Santa didn't bring you a gift, I got you one."

Her pupils dilated and her eyes twinkled. "Really? What did you get me?"

"This," Alcina said as she kissed her on the lips.

"You sly woman!" She began to giggle, but then paused when she felt something in her hand.

She raised her hand a smile formed on her lips when she saw that she was holding a snow globe with a duplicate of the castle inside, there were also a miniature figure of Alcina on the door and her lying on the ground.