Twenty-Third Door

Clementine was in Alcina's study with the girls a few days after their trip to the reservoir, showing them how to use the phone Miranda had given them.

Bela giggled, "Who thought using this was so simple."

Cassandra said, "Check your messages, I texted you something."

Bela cocked her head as she read the message Cassandra had sent her. She gave her a cold stare and crossed her arms.

"Can you tell me what Cassandra said?" Daniela inquired.

Bela rolled her eyes as she said, "She called me dumb."

Cassandra burst out laughing, but her laughter was cut short when her phone rang.

"You have no right to call me ugly!" Cassandra exclaimed when she saw the message.

Bela shook her shoulders and poked her with her tongue. Alcina shook her head and turned to gaze at Clementine, who was standing beside her in her chair.

"I'm already kicking myself for giving them those phones," Alcina said quietly to her.

She burst out laughing. "Too bad you can't take them away now."

"I believe your phone will arrive next week; I told Mother Miranda to place another order."

She cocked her head. "What? Why did you order a phone for me? I'm not in need of one."

"I just thought that if you have a phone then you can reach out to me in the event of an emergency. What if you get lost or in trouble unexpectedly? It's convenient."

"I really want to argue with you, but I know i'm not going to win against you," she joked.

Alcina giggled. "It's nice to know you've gotten to know me in such a short time."

Daniela rose up from the couch and said, "Mother, we'll get going."

"Why? Stay here if you don't have classes today so we can bond." Alcina remarked.

Bela grinned as she shook her head. "We don't want to obstruct your progress."

"Besides," Cassandra smirked, "I think it would be better if you and Clemy had some alone time together."

Before Alcina and Clementine could say anything, the three rushed out of the room. They were now left alone, their brows lifted, staring at each other.

She shook her head, "They actually left."

Alcina giggled. "They'll be back later don't worry."

She nodded. "Maybe I should go too," she said as she was about to leave. "You still have to finish signing those documents."

Alcina arched an eyebrow and tugged the woman into her lap, slipping her hands around her waist and resting her chin on her shoulder.

Alcina muttered. "You're not going anywhere."

"Seriously? I'm distracting you, so you should finish signing those."

Alcina let out a sigh. "I'm exhausted, Clementine."

"Then it's probably best if I leave you alone to relax."

Alcina nuzzled her neck with a shake of her head. Clementine raises an eyebrow as she turns to face her; it appears that the tall lady isn't going to let her go so easy.

"I don't know, but this is strange," Alcina sighed. "I'm exhausted and restless, but I feel relaxed whenever i'm around you, does that make sense?"

"When i'm around you, I feel the same way," she said.

Alcina muttered. "Just stay here with me for a while."