Third Door

Clementine and Lady Dimitrescu were both quietly walking along the path that led to the castle. There were spotted lycans along the way but they seem to be scared of the tall lady beside her, they haven't been making any attempt to attack them at all. On the other hand, Clementine has been enduring her sprained ankle trying to not let her notice she's been injured.

"I assume you'd want to ask me a question?" Lady Dimitrescu spoke breaking the silence between them.

"I... I just... I mean– how?" Clementine couldn't find any words.

"I was following you. Before I could even leave the room, I knew what you were about to do, and I was right you're going to get yourself killed," she spoke calmly.

"But you could've just let me died? I mean, I already made my choice and you even told me you weren't going to get involved?"

The countess gave her a mischievous smile as she looks down on her.

"A woman like you would be a great loss. Since you're not from here you must have lots of knowledge about things that can be useful upon serving me."

"I haven't said yes about the first option, don't you remember that I have chosen the second one?"

Lady Dimitrescu gave a small laugh and shook her head.

"Do you honestly believe you can deceive me? I heard everything you said on the altar, you've considered the first option therefore you're now one of my servants."

Another silence surrounded them. Clementine doesn't know what to say because the tall lady was definitely right, she just that she regretted leaving the castle and she heard it, she just can't lie.

"Furthermore, you will never be able to hide from me. I know you've sprained your left ankle, but you're not letting me notice."

Clementine stopped walking and stared at the tall woman beside her.

"What– how?!" She exclaimed.

"This is quite intriguing. If you're one of the locals, I might be carrying you back to the castle, but then look at you. Walking normally and i'm not seeing pain from you. Tell me? Is it really true that you're a human being?"

"What?" Clementine burst out laughing. "Do you believe i'm a supernatural being? Lady Dimitrescu, as much as I want to scream in anguish, I can't since it would only make things worse. I'm going to try to hide the pain so it doesn't bother me."

Lady Dimitrescu cocked her head, her upper lip raised, while her gaze fixed on Clementine.

"And how do you know my name? I haven't given you a proper introduction yet."

"I.. uh..." Clementine swallowed trying to think of an answer.

Of course, she just can't say that The Duke told her what the countess' name is.

"I saw the note on top of the gate that says castle Dimitrescu, i've figure out that... You might be the owner since you're the one who gave me options whether to stay or not." She proudly claimed.

Lady Dimitrescu slowly nodded her head. Clementine felt relieved that she didn't question her answer, otherwise she might really tell her that The Duke was the one who introduced her.

"I suppose you know the basics of housekeeping?"

Clementine nodded. "You don't have to worry about anything, Lady Dimitrescu. I know how to cook, clean and abide any orders you give me."

"Good girl," Alcina nodded.

"Can I ask another question again?"

"Speak."

Behind the Castle's Door [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें