Thirtieth Door

After several days had passed, Miranda was in her room, checking on her daughter Eve, who is still in a coma but is exhibiting signs of life. She finished by buttoning Eve's shirt and standing up, her hair was caressed, and a smile appeared on her lips.

She sighed, "I can't wait for you to wake up."

She went to her walk-in closet and changed into her priestess attire because today was Sunday and she needed to be in the church listening to her people's problems and giving them advice. Once she was done changing, she went back to Eve and kissed her on the forehead before leaving her room. She teleported to the cave where Vanessa was being held captive and decided to check on her before heading to the church.

As she approached Vanessa, she was already in the cave and could hear sobbing and cries. When she arrived at the location, she heard a tremendous thud. Bela and Daniela were playing with Vanessa, whose complexion was pale and white due to the blood loss she was experiencing, as well as bruises and cuts.

Vanessa shouted out faintly, "Mother Miranda," as soon as she saw her.

"Are you two having a good time?" She inquired.

Bela and Daniela exchanged glances, and both nodded in agreement. Who'd have guessed that beneath these girls' lovely features lurks a sadistic attitude?

"I believe she's on the verge of dying," Bela grinned.

"Her blood is going stale, too," Daniela grumbled.

"Don't get her killed just yet, though. Donna requested a playmate, and I believe she is the ideal match." Miranda gave a kind smile.

Bela sighed. "Aunt Donna feels very fortunate to be present when you take your final breath."

"Allow Aunt Donna to have her; I'm sick of her. Moreover, Cassandra appears to be bored as well," Daniela shook her shoulders.

Miranda cocked her head. "Where's Cassandra? She didn't watch the two torture her today."

"She's with Irish," Bela joked. "And she seemed to like your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend; she's my ex,"

Daniela laughed, "That still doesn't change anything."

Miranda sighed and rolled her eyes. "Leave you two and clean up. Allow the girl to relax for the time being; she'll be in Donna's care tomorrow."

"Bye, grandmother!" As they moved away, Bela and Daniela said.

Miranda approached Vanessa and gently placed her palm on her head, easing her pain.

She smirked and said, "You're going to enjoy your time with Donna."

"Instead of mending me, why don't you just kill me? You're squandering your abilities on me," Vanessa sighed.

Miranda burst out laughing. "I warned you that I would torment you ten times over. I'm only following through on my pledge."

Miranda gave her a final wink before disappearing.

-

Miranda was hurriedly packing their bags, and she was perplexed. She stared at her mother, who seemed to be in a hurry for no apparent reason.

"Why are you packing our things so early, Mom? Let's get some sleep now, it's three a.m," she remarked, her arm over Miranda's.

"We can't stay here much longer, Eve. I'm going to get you out of here."

She cocked her head. "But, mom," she shrugged. "We live here and this is where you work."

Miranda gave her a sympathetic glance and cupped both of her cheeks. "Please follow my instructions; I can't let them catch you."