Seventh Door

Clementine played with her fingers as she listens to the woman wearing a lab coat. The woman was explaining something to her that she can't quite understand.

"Do you understand me?" The woman softly asked.

"I guess so.." she answered.

She was still too young to process what the woman has been saying and she doesn't even know why she's in a laboratory.

"Your safe here you don't need to worry about anything," the woman caressed her cheek.

"B-but, w-what if auntie finds me?" She sobbed.

The woman hugged her gently caressing her hair.

"I'm here, I won't leave you and nobody's going to hurt you."

Clementine looked at the woman's face. She met the woman's icy blue eyes which she was immediately drawn to.

"Everything is going to be okay, Clementine," the woman said softly to her ear.

While panting, she opened her eyes. Since she was lying down in her bed, her gaze was drawn to the ceiling.

"Mom," she said with tears in her eyes.

Clementine stood up and wiped her tears away. She always have dreams of her foster mother who she never saw once she reached the age of 19. She walked out of her room and went downstairs heading to the kitchen, when she reached the room, Daniela was rummaging the fridge.

She gently knocked on the door which caught Daniela's attention. Daniela was dressed in a pink oversized t-shirt and black pajamas with her hair in a sloppy ponytail.

"Oh, hi Clementine!" She waved.

"What are you doing here at this hour, Lady Daniela?" She approached her.

"I woke up and I couldn't get back to sleep. I was thinking of eating something but none of the foods here has tingle my taste buds," she crossed her arms and pouted.

Clementine smiled at her reaction. Among the sisters Daniela seems very likeable than the two. She checked the clock and the time was 12:30 AM.

"What food do you have in mind?"

"Something sweet! Wait, no," she tapped her chin. "Something with strawberries!" She chimed.

"How about strawberry cookies?"

"Yes, please!" She said exclaimed. "Go cook, i'll watch here."

She chuckled and nodded her head. Who'd have guess that Daniela was this cute? While Daniela was at the kitchen table, she began gathering the ingredients she would use.

"Uh... Clementine?" Daniela called.

She turned around. "Yes, Lady Daniela?"

"Can we chat? I mean... I would like to know you better," she shyly said.

"Of course, why not? It would be an honor to me to have a conversation with you."

Daniela smiled and giggled.

"I want to know something about you."

"Ask away, my lady."

Daniela pursed her lips. "Where are you from? I asked mother a question and she said you're not from here so... Are you from another village that's over the barrier?"

"Village over a barrier?" She turned to Daniela.

"Yes, the village where different people live. Mother Miranda created that barrier so people won't see us."