Ninth Door

"I'm going to give you three days to prepare. You are free do to whatever you want and eat whatever you want. Meet me here at midnight on the third day."

Clementine's thoughts is still haunted by Alcina's words. Even though she tries not to remember it, it keeps echoing in her head. She was staring at the ceiling of her room; too exhausted to accomplish anything for today, and all she wanted is serenity before her life gets taken away by the tall woman.

"Why did I even agreed to this," she buried her face into the pillows. "I guess i'm really meant to die after all the struggling I went through."

A soft knock on her made her stand up from the bed. She opened it and a smiling Daniela greeted her.

"Hi Clemy! Mother told me she gave you a free schedule for three days because you were unwell. Are you alright?"

Clementine smiled. "Yes I am. Your mother was just concerned when she saw me earlier I was coughing my guts out."

"Has she seen your neck?" Daniela bit her lower lip.

"No, I covered it with a scarf you don't need to worry about anything. I don't have any plans of telling her that Cassandra did this to me."

A relief sigh escaped Daniela's lips. "I'm really sorry about that. Cassandra can be so difficult at times."

"I already told you i'm okay and you don't need to worry about anything. What are you doing here in my room anyway? Do you need something?"

Daniela pouted. "Aunt Donna is leaving today and she wants to see you before she departs."

Her jaw suddenly dropped. "All of a sudden?! I'll go get changed first!"

She took her uniform and immediately put it on the bathroom. Donna has been nice to her and she would regret if she would not see the woman before she leaves. Of course this would be the last time that she and Donna would meet.

"That was oddly fast," Daniela chuckled. "You must really like Aunt Donna."

"Well.. she was nice to me so what's not to like about her?"

Daniela nodded. "Let's go we wouldn't want her to keep waiting."

They went downstairs to the main hall, where everyone had congregated. Donna and Angie were joined by Alcina, Bela and Cassandra. She let out a sigh without Daniela noticing, I guess now is really the time to bid farewell to the silent woman and the doll whom she will never meet again.

"Clementine's here!" Daniela chimed.

They approached the group and before Clementine could even greet them Angie hugged her neck.

"I'm going to miss you!" Angie said in her high pitched voice.

"Same as me Lady Angie," she smiled.

"Can we take us with her?! I really enjoyed her company," Angie floated towards Alcina's head.

"No you can't! She's our servant." Daniela said.

"You have other servants roaming in the castle. Surely you would give us a spare right?"

Alcina let out a laugh. "I can give you a servant if that's what you wish but not Clementine."

"Why not?" Angie put her delicate arms on her waist. "It's not like Bela and Cassandra likes her presence. Let the girl go with us instead."

"No! Clemy is going to stay here with us and me!" Daniela linked her arms with Clementine's. "She is not going anywhere, Angie. She's ours!"