Her unrequited love

He loves you a lot…Don’t let him go..Go after him and tell him what you feel for him”,Shehnaaz though knew whose voice it was but still turned around to look at the person.

Dii.. Aap

Don’t waste time Shehnaaz…I think there is still 3 hours left for his birthday to over…and your confession will be his biggest birthday surprise…So what are you waiting for my little sister…jao aur batao usko how much you love him

Lekin Dii..”

Lekin wekin kuch nahi go and don’t forget to wear that dress…driver is waiting for you and than I am sure tum aage khud manage kar logi

Dii aap mujse naraaz nahi ho”

“Naraaz? Woh kisliye?

Aapko pta hai…

Meri jaan kabhi nahi bhale hum saath bade nahi huyein but you were..you are and you will always be my little sister…and mom mujhe hamesha kehti hain that being your elder sister it’s my responsibility to protect you and care for you….aur waise meri choti behen jab mere liye itna bada sacrifice karne jaa rahi thi toh itna toh mai kar hi sakti hoon…but Sid ko jarur batana woh mere haatho jarur peetega apne bestest buddy se itni badi baat chupaane ke liye..btw now go you are getting late..”

Shehnaaz was about to leave when she turned around and hugged her sister..in a tight embrace.

Thank you Dii..I love you

I love you too siso…aur agar Sid ne koi tantrum dikhaya batana mujhe chittar padenge usse mere haatho”,to which both the sisters laughed heartily.. “..and also don’t worry about Mom she knows everything and she is happy for both of you…and shehnaaz understand one thing behind her anger there is only her love and care for you….she loves you a lot”,to which Shenaaz genuinely smiled hearing that her mother really cares for her and it was her who misunderstood her."but offcourse not more than me”Mahira said that just to tease her…

Dii..”.Shehnaaz said whining.

Btw little sister you are getting late…
Someone had rightly said regarding siblings-“The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other”

Mahira’s POV:

It was tougher than I have thought letting him go the one I have loved from my childhood..the time when I even didn’t knew the real meaning of the word. But I would have let him go..only if he was mine… which was not true he was never mine… so how I could put a fight for something against my sister which was not mine…his love was always her never mine..but I was more hurt with the fact that he even didn’t considered it important to let me know that he has feelings for my sister…Wasn’t he the one who used to call me his bestest friend?Doesn’t best friends share everything with each other?....But still I am happy for them for my sister and for him…atleast they got their love unlike me.
I still remember the day when mom told me about them…it felt like the world has came to an end for me…my whole planned future..my dream of perfect married life with my childhood love all came crashing down….and I was left with nothing but broken pieces…the pieces which I never made efforts to collect…because collecting them means giving more pain to myself…and as mom says her daughter Mahira is not the weak one…she can fight..and that was what I did I fought with my emotions and finally got control over them…that was the first and last day I cried for him..for my incomplete first love…but now once again I was feeling the same pain..

Past :

Hello mom,How are you?”,Mahira asked chirply the moment she picked her mother’s call.

I am fine beta.How are you doing?”

As usual working and missing you all”,she said  with all the excitement which was there a second ago gone.

Beta I called you because I really have something important to tell you…otherwise aur baad mein pta chla toh tumhe aur jyada takleef hogi”

Aisi kya baat hai mom please clear bataiye..Dad mujhe diye saare shares wapas le rahe hain”,she said jokingly.

Tumhare Dad ko business mein loss nahi karwana”,her mother also joined her.."But..”gaining the required seriousness back into her voice she continued  “Beta..first promise me no matter what’s the circumstances are you will never let any difference come between you and your sister..kyunki hum dono jaante hain who kabhi kisi ka bura nahi soch sakti…it’s just kabhi kabhi kuch cheeze hamare control mein nahi hoti”

Mom clearly batayiye kya hua aur mere aur Shehnaaz ke beech kyun koi problem hogi…mujhe yaad hai aapne mujhe kya bola hai…”

Beta I know you are my responsible daughter but kabhi kabhi hum chahein kitne bhi strong kyun na ho apne emotions k kabu mein aakar khud pe control kho dete hain aur galat decisions le lete

Mom abb aap mujhe batayengi?”,she said sternly.

Beta I think..no I am sure your sister is in love”

Wow..yeh toh achi baat hain n…abb aap typical mom bankar phir usse daant..”,she was cut by her mother instantly only to get the biggest shock.

She is in love with Sidharth and he also loves her”,..there was complete silence on the other side.

Beta..Are you there?”,Mrs.Gill looked at her phone worriedly to see she was still on the line or not..

Mahira,Are you okh baby?”,now she was really worried for her daughter…and regretting her decision of informing her this on phone..but she thought the sooner the better.

Mom..I am okay woh achanak se btataya na ilsiye thoda hairaani huyi..aur waise yeh toh bahut achi baat huyi abb mujhe uss Siddy boy se Shaadi nahi karni padegi…mai soch hi rahi thi mana karne  ka…Chalo abb mujhe kisi ko dhuki nahi krna padega”,she would have continued with her blabbering which was nothing but her consoling her own heart with her own words….but her mother intervened her..

Mahira…I know you love him and you are hurt…maybe he was not the one for you my bacha and God has some better plans for you…and very soon he will send that person in your life who would love and cherish you…because my daughter deserves the best..as she is the best..Hmm?”,she tried to make her feel better with her words but she knew her daughter was in so much pain at that moment and she so wanted to be with her to hold her in her arms,to wipe her tears but also she didn’t want to delay more…which only means more pain for her.Also she wants happiness for her younger daughter..for whom she was able to do so little just because of her mother-in-law stubbornness of not staying in Mumbai and leaving their family house and village. Also it was her husband parents who put forward their wish of keeping Shehnaaz with them to get rid of their loneliness in their old days…she was never in favour of it..but it was her husband who agreed and persuaded her for the same.

“ jii mom”

Beta be brave…you are my strong girl..you’ll get over it.. and remember Mom loves you

I know and I love you too”

“Bye bacha take care..and leave work for sometime and take some rest..Go out with friends and refresh yourself

Yes mom I will..you don't worry", her words at that moment were void of any emotions .

“You’ll get over it. I so wish it was as easy as said.But I know it’s not.”,she murmured to no one but herself.

That day she lost somebody who was never hers.She was in pain because from all men her heart chose someone…who has no room for her in his heart..and neither she was at fault nor he was at fault…that was just her unrequited love for him which was different from her sister’s and his mutual love just like delusion differs from the truth.

_________________________________________

With love,
Takansha💞