Special Chapter (35.5) - Reflection

Start from the beginning

"Do I? Father said he saw Pier play in the music room and it was one of the best things he had seen. I want to witness the young master perform here in the music room as well." Caspian turned to look at Asher in surprise.

'His majesty did? The king, who rarely gives any compliment to anybody said it was the best thing he had seen?' Caspian's curiosity also increased as he looked at Pier.

'How good can you play, young master? For you to deserve the king's compliment?' He had been playing the piano since he was a child and many scholars have praised him for his talent. Yet he never received any compliments from the king.

Eliam pressed the first key for his piece. Eliam smiled as he sang the first stanza in his head.

Look at me
You may think you see

Who I really am
But you'll never know me

---

"It's a song that perfectly fits you." Pier laughed as he turned to look at Eliam.

"It is?" He replied and continued to tap on the keys.

"Yup!"

"I see, are you good?" Eliam asked. Pier sat on the patch of grass beneath them. Ahead was an endless meadow that was filled with flowers and sunlight poured down on them.

"I am."

"That's good to hear."

"How about you?"

"Living life, I guess."

"That's mean!" Pier said as he punched Eliam's shoulder.

"Haha, forgive my impudence, young master." Eliam laughed as he sat beside Pier.

"You know, I got terribly sick before I died alone in my room," Pier said as he picked up a small rock and threw it across the meadow. It made rustling noises as it went deeper.

"That's tough. I died while I got stabbed in my world." Eliam replied as he crossed both of his hands on top of his knee.

"I guess it was fate that both of us died and met by some way." Eliam nodded his head.

"You think so? I was able to live and you did not." Pier chuckled at Eliam's statement.

"That's fine, I already lived my life, I'm exhausted and I want to rest." The sun was already starting to set and the sound of critters became more and more prominent.

Eliam was silent as they both watched the setting sun.

"You're the young master now, Eliam." Pier turned to look at Eliam.

"You're just passing your responsibility to me." Eliam rolled his eyes at Pier.

"Hehe, that's part of the plan, my boy." Eliam scoffed at Pier's words as he started to pick the small grasses in his reach. Silence engulfed the two individuals who were sitting on top of the hill.

"Asher's starting to become friendlier with me. Don't you want that?"

"Oh, that's good to hear. I want to see him happy." Pier said as he bowed his head.

"It's a shame he did not like me when I was still beside him, but it's better now that he sees Pier more positively don't you think?" Eliam turned to look at Pier.

The young master had his head bowed and small beads of tears were falling from his face.

"Raphael seems to have taken a liking to you before." Pier turned his head sideways to look at Eliam's own dark hair.