Part 34: Trap

Ace's POV:

It's been almost a month since I am on leave. I hadn't been to college since my accident. My old group did came to meet me in hospital once. I was so happy that they still care for me. Though Ava didn't came, I am sure she must be so worried for me and Nick I am happy he didn't showed his face to me since the party. I would have punched his face hard. Julia too being away from me. I didn't receive any call from Uncle Everette either. He won't call me now, he knows police investigation is going on. They are in search of that truck. Police officer Mr. Tank didn't file an case against me for drunk and drive, on the request of my Dad and Uncle James.

Thank God, Uncle James came that day to rescue me. He was busy with Audit work going on in his bank so he left workplace late that night. Otherwise I would have been died till morning due to excess blood loss, as there were very few passerby through that road specially at night.

I didn't tell anyone about the Uncle Everette. He was right I didn't have any proof with me against him or his supporters. Even if my friends and family believed and support me, we still can't do anything. I need to plan something against them.

I could see that our family is getting close now. Uncle James and Aunt Jade visits me almost everyday in evening after he's done with work. Mom, Dad, Uncle and Aunt have started talking to each other like earlier times. Luke too has started talking to me slowly. I could see how much he cares for me. He comes and visit me more frequently now. Josh and Liam has started visiting me, few days a week, calling and chatting with me, like if I need something and all. I am so happy finally I have started gaining my people back in my life.

It's Saturday. Luke, Liam, Josh and Ryan are here in my bedroom to meet me. It's time to plan a trap against Uncle Everette but for that I need help. I have to tell the truth to this guys. I don't know how I am going to do this but I have to start this from somewhere.

"Hey guys I want to tell you something" I started.
They nodded telling me to go ahead.

"Liam could you please shut the door" I said. He did.

"Listen to me till the end. Please don't interrupt me in between. Whatever you want to ask please ask once I am done and most importantly do not share this info with anyone....not even with our rest of the friends. I am already putting your life at risk and I can't afford to do it with them too" I told them. They were confused but agreed.

I told them everything since beginning from football match till I got with an accident. They were listening to me very keenly. At the end when I saw their face, they were in utter shock. Luke literally had tears in his eyes. I gave them few minutes to process what I just told them.

"Man you had gone through all this alone" Liam asked. I just nodded.

"You should have told us. We could have helped you in some or the other way. We could have planned something" Josh said.

"Yeah I agree. Well bro I am very sorry the way I...we behaved with you. It was so wrong" Ryan said.

"No it is okay. You guys didn't know the truth. If I were at your place I would have reacted in the same way" I told them.

"That pighead Nick he is involved in this" Liam asked angrily. I nodded.

"I will break his head" Josh began heading towards the door angrily.

"No please stop" I said trying to get up from my bed. Liam and Ryan held him back.

"We need to plan a trap for them. And for this I need your help guys" I said.

"Bro just tell what is the plan. We are in it" Ryan said. Everyone agreed.

"But first of all please don't tell anyone else about this. Especially Ava she will breakdown. I have hurt her a lot till now so I'll tell her the truth. And please be careful as Uncle Everette is very smart and powerful" I warned them. They nodded.

We started discussing on the plan. The plan was full proof and I felt that it was perfect. Finally after three hours we were done discussing. Mom did came in between to ask whether we need anything to eat.

"Finally we are ready with the trap plan" Ryan said.
We nodded.

"It is time for them to cry" Josh said. Everyone agreed.

Everyone left except Luke. I saw that he's been quite for a while now.

"I am sorry brother" he said with teary eyes.

"You were trying so hard to convince me. Till end you were saying that you have been trapped, but I was so blinded by the anger that I never believed you. Because of me our family's unity was broken. It's all my fault. Please forgive me bro" he continued while crying.

I called him near me and hugged him.

"It is alright Luke. I am not angry on you. It was all a trap. We couldn't do anything at that time. But I am very happy to have my little brother back" I said with teary eyes.

"Now It's time to trap them" he said pulling away. I nodded.

Thank you!😊