Part 28: Nick's feelings revealed

Ace's POV:

Time has passed pretty fast and I am still unable to find a way to get out of this mess. I am still being unsuccessful to find that third person working for Uncle Everette.

It's time for football match. This time I am little nervous as I am not in a good relation with my teams two best players - Josh and Liam. I tried to talk with them and they did responded but only for game related stuff nothing else. I miss them a lot.

This time following team will be playing against each other:
1. First year vs Third year (first half)
2. Second year vs Final year (post lunch)

This years football teams captain:
First year: Zarok
Second year: Jimmy
Third year: Luke
Final year: Ace

First half went really fast. The game was so interesting, first years played well but third years won with two points. Luke played with so much passion. I am so proud of him. He is one of the best football player in this college.

Our match began post lunch. I motivated team as usual and discussed few end time tricks and strategies with my teammates. Game began, second year were playing good but our team was more talented. At the end we won with two points against second years. Liam and I scored the last two goals.

We celebrated on the ground, Liam came and hugged me in that moment I was so happy. But when he realised, he pulled away and went to others.

Ava's POV:

I was so happy for our group. As both third and final year team won. Lily was so happy for Luke. Finally after a year he played the match and won it. Now he will be able to play for final intercollegiate football match in second half of the year. As his performance was really good. For final year, Ace handled team really well. He's good football player.

Once final year team won the team, I saw Liam hugged Ace in excitement but later pulled back. I saw for few seconds Ace was so happy in that moment. Everyone was celebrating when Julia went towards Ace and hugged him tight and later kissed him. I felt a pang in my heart. But I saw he pulled her away immediately and went to his football teammates leaving her alone.

Finally it is exam time now. Nick is tutoring me since last week in college library and sometimes in my cafe. He's really sweet, he himself understands the topic first and then explains me everything in detail.

We both were studying in cafe today.

"Ava, I want to ask you something" He said little nervous.

"Sure" I said.

"Please don't take me in a wrong way" He started saying being little nervous. Now I am confused what exactly he wants to ask.

"I like you a lot. I think I am falling for you" I was shocked to hear that.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"Please don't take this in a wrong way, I don't want to ruin our friendship, that's the main reason I am so nervous to ask you out" He continued. I took few minutes to process everything.

"Okay" finally I said. He is my childhood best friend and he knew everything about me especially about Ace. So I thought to give him a chance.

"Really...thanks..god I am so happy" He said excitedly.

We started dating since then. Everyone from our group were happy to know about us. Especially to see me finally moving on with my life.

It is exam time. We are done with our practical exams. It's fourth written exam today and it's Pharmaceutical Chemistry. I am very nervous. I was about to enter exam hall when Nick came and wished me best luck.

"Hey babe, best luck and don't worry you will nail it" He said hugging me. I wished him same and went in.

We are in canteen finally done with our exams. There is one week break before second half of the academic year begins. We decided to go on a vacation at Ryan's beach house. Sean's favourite.

Thank you!😊