Part 17: Second year

Ava's POV:

I am in the canteen with all my friends. It is the start of the new academic year for all of us and we are excited. It's been a week since the college has started. It took me two days to unpack my stuff and settle down in my hostel. Lily is still my roommate and am relieved with that. Well it's second year and the title of freshers has been wiped off from our head now. I could see Ace, Josh and Liam are also excited to start there third year.

Me and Jake have rejoined our work at cafe. The manager is really good and understanding to give me one month of holiday, of course I was not paid for the same.

"Hey today's Friday, it's freshers party at college" Lily said while munching on her salad.

"Yes, it will be boring as usual" Liam said sipping his orange juice.

"That reminds me we have to plan for freshers party next weekend" Luke said looking at everyone.

"Yeah in our style" Josh said.

"At who's house we should plan it" Reva asked.

"Let's plan it at our house" Ryan said looking at Reva and than at everyone.

"Yeah that is a good idea" Luke said.

"Okay than its final, this years freshers party will be organised at Ryan and Reva's house" Lily concluded.

"What will be the introductory game" I asked.

"Will plan something creative" Reva said.

"Yes, I am so excited for this" Lily exclaimed.

Ace's PoV:

It's Friday today we have organised freshers party at Ryan's house. Last weeks freshers party at college was same as every year - boring. The introductory game is very creative this time. It's been planned by Ava, Reva and Keith mainly. They come with this idea of making students show there inner talent, like there hobbies such as Dancing, Singing, Acting, Painting, any Sports, etc. It will be interesting to watch everyone.

Talking about Ava ever since she left for her hometown last month I really missed her everyday. When our group was enjoying and chilling together I really missed her presence, her witty replies especially. The only thing which was keeping me in control was the late night video chats and calls, which our group followed almost every night of our vacation. The day she returned to college, was the happiest day for me. I am falling for her hard, and I am not liking it much as it drives me out of control sometimes. It's an amazing feeling but at the same time it makes me bit nervous as I don't know where it will take me in future.

Everyone is at canteen, we are still planning about the party decors. We were chatting and enjoying when suddenly a guy came towards our table and directly went behind Ava's chair. He called out her name and as she turned, everyone could see an shock expression on her face. But after regaining herself she got up and hugged the guy. I felt a pang of jealousy within me. Who is he?

Ava's POV:

We were all chilling in the canteen when all of a sudden someone called my name from behind. As I turned, I was shook, there standing was none other, Nick. I got up and hugged him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Well I got transferred here as a second year student" he said smiling.

"What...when..how??" I asked surprised.

"I applied in this college few weeks back and as soon as I received my second semester result, my interview was scheduled on Skype few days back and two days ago I received acceptance letter from Wilson Pharmacy College, so here I am" he said looking at me.

"You applied few weeks back that means when we were together back at hometown and you did not even felt like telling me" I asked him annoyed for hiding it from me. He was just smiling.

"Did Cassie knew about this?" I asked him.

"Nope she didn't knew anything, I told her two days back when I received final acceptance letter" he said.

"What was her reaction" I asked him.

"Well at first she was upset and bit angry how her two best friends are now going to same college away from hometown but later when I was leaving for this college she was happy and congratulated me as everyone knows this is the top pharmacy college in the country" he replied.

"Yeah l agree well welcome to Wilson and congratulations" I finally welcomed him with huge smile. I am really happy for him.

All this time we both were standing and kept talking to each other that I forgot that my group is still sitting on our table watching us. Finally after realisation I introduced Nick to my group. Everyone was happily welcoming him. We both sat with our group and our chitchat began. Our chat mainly was revolving around mine and Nicks friendship. All this time I could see Ace was getting annoyed and frustrated, I really don't know what exactly is wrong with him.

Ace's POV:

So He's a transfer student and Ava's childhood friend. I am not liking the fact that he's so close to her and knew almost everything about her. My mood has soured instantly and I just wanted to leave. I hope they both are just best friends and not more than that.

Thank you! 😊