Part 33: Deep Feelings

Ava's POV:

I was so confused and sad. Why would Ace breakup with me when he still have feelings for me. Why he kissed me. The sad part is I also gave in while kissing. But when I came to my senses I pushed him with all my strength and left him their with teary eyes.

Everything is so confusing. He left me for no exact reason. Now when I started my life with new and positive note with Nick as my boyfriend, he came back. I am so fed up of all this.

I was just sitting on the couch at the corner as I was not in the mood to dance but I didn't want to ruin others mood. Nick went outside saying he got some important call. My friends were dancing and enjoying the party. I could see theirs no trace of Julia and Ace anywhere. They must be making out together in one of the room. I felt a pang of sadness and anger thinking about them.

Few minutes were up when Luke came to us saying, Ace got with an car accident. I was so shocked to hear this. Few minutes ago we were kissing each other in the kitchen and now I got to hear this. What's happening? My hands were shaking, I was so worried.

Luke, Josh and Liam went to hospital rest of us went back to our house or rooms.

Whole night I couldn't sleep. I started seeing flashbacks of time when I and Ace were together. I miss him a lot.

It's Monday. We all are in the college canteen.

"I am happy to hear that he's alright now" Nick said.

"Yeah" Sean said.

"Yup whatever he did this past few months and however his behaviour was with all of us, but I am relieved to hear he's out of danger now" Lily said

Everyone agreed with Lily. I am specifically happy and relieved to hear about his health. The moment Luke told us that Ace is out of danger, I finally took heavy breath as if I held back my breath for such a long time.

Ace was at hospital for full one week and currently he's at home for another week or two, depending on his health. One thing I am happy about is that Luke and his parents have started visiting Ace's house more often and the dispute which was going on is diminishing as the time is passing. I could see Luke being concerned for Ace all the time. Whether he's in college, hospital or house.

I haven't met Ace yet. Our entire group went to meet him in the hospital. I just didn't felt courage to see him in bandages on the hospital bed. Nick also didn't go saying he'll be with me. I felt sad for him, he truly cares and loves me but I don't share the same feelings for him. Especially when I realised now that I am deeply in love with Ace. I have to tell Nick about this. I don't want him to get hurt later on. I constantly feel like I am using him.

"Hey Nick can we talk for a moment in private" I asked him.

"Sure" he said. We were taking a stroll in the college campus. It's evening time. The weather is good. We sat at one of the bench.

"Nick, you are a very good human being, best friend and a boyfriend. You always supported me when I needed you. You always cared for me since childhood. I am the luckiest person on earth to have you in my life and so I don't want to led you for something that's not possible. I constantly feel like I am using you. So I have decided to finally tell you how and what I feel. Nick we should break up. I don't share the exact feelings for you as you do for me. I want you to move on and find someone who's truly meant for you, who love and care for you. I am not that person. Of course I will be there for you always but as your best friend and nothing more than that. I hope it won't affect our friendship. Please forgive me, I know it is hurting you to hear all this. I wish you best luck for your bright future" with that I stopped.

He was quite for few seconds, processing everything I said.

"That's fine Ava. I thought this is going to work but never mind. Best luck to you too. And yes it won't affect our friendship" with that said he hugged me and responded. Later we head back to our group.

While heading back Nick asked whether Ace is the reason behind all this. Do I still have feelings for Ace? I didn't answered his questions. I guess he got his answers in my silence.

Our group got to know about our breakup. But they were fine with it since it's our mutual decision to move on.

Thank you!😊