Chapter 7: Black

Doves POV:

Done!

My creative writing task was completed. We had to turn them today because it was finally Friday. I was concerned since I wasn't sure if it would be presentable on Monday when I had to read about what had happened to me that day.

Pearl invited Josie and me to the beach for a girls' day out tomorrow, which would take my mind off of things.

"YOU DID WHAT?" I screamed angrily. We were walking to Josies house since it was only a few blocks from our school.

Pearl began, "I'm sorry DJ, it just slipped."

"I know, I know, it was meant to be a girls' day, but there's nothing wrong with having a little extra company." Pearl sulked.

Josie scoffed, "They're boys, that's why."
"However, they're also friends of ours." Pearl continues. Even though it was supposed to be just the three of us, Pearl invited the boys to the beach tomorrow when she was flirting to Milo.

I grumbled, "Fine." "However, you owe me big time."

"OMG! You can make it up to me by shopping with me for a new bathing suit," Josie offers, knowing she'll most likely win this deal. "All right, great, but don't take off the clothing and put the bathing suit on the manikin because you're too lazy to go to the changing room."

Pearl's remark makes me chuckle because it's incredibly awkward for half the store to be watching us. I simply pretend as if I'm not with her.

"It's fine, you guys love me." Josie made a joke remark."

***

Because Josie can't find a bikini suit she loves, we've already gone to at least thirty stores. After the third store, I chose one. It's a red wine beach bikini with more cleavage than I expected around my chest, but it's still quite cute.

"I FOUND ONE," Josie said. Pearl jumped because she was standing close next to Josie, yelping in her ear. "Omg, Josie, are you paying attention? Can you be any louder?" With her hand over her left ear, Pearl declares. "I'm sorry, I'm just excited that I came across this stunning bikini."

"I hope your happy you'll be paying for my hospital bill I think I've gone deaf" Pearl continues to put one hand over her ear back and forth .

Josie holds up a black top halter which crosses her the neck and not the shoulders and it paired with a matching high waist bottom.

"Alright let's go. You guys wanna meet tomorrow at Josies at 1:00 and we'll be at the beach about 2:00" I question. "Ok that's good, but let's take Pearls car because she has removable doors" Josie says.

"Ok that's good with me" Pearl states while we close our doors to the car and begin to put on our seatbelts.

We return to the school so that Pearl and I cab get into our cars and split. My wounded face has completely healed, therefore the water from the beach will not cause me any harm. I don't think my other scars will be too visible due to the way my bathing suit looks, so I should be OK tomorrow.

When I pull into my driveway, I notice that my mother's and husband's cars aren't there, which is a comfort. I enter the house and proceed to the kitchen, as I haven't eaten in a few days.

I observed trash, glass, cups, and stinky food everywhere as soon as I started walking, on the counter, the floor, and even on the tables.

They must've gotten into an argument. Again

As I stare at the massive total mess, every heart comes to a halt. I stop thinking and caring and focus on the disaster that has been brought to my view.

My breathing begins to pick up speed. I think about how I was not around. I let down my mom by failing to show up and deal with the issue. I'm curious about her looks; does she have blood on her face? Is she worse now than she was before? I'd like to phone her and see whether she's all right. Her exact words, "don't call my phone unless you're dying," which overcame my anxiety.

So, I don't call her. I don't call for help. What I do is sit and pray to any god who will listen that everything will be well, that she will be fine.

I get up and tidy up after a few minutes of sitting and relaxing my breathing. I'm the one who cleans up the mess I didn't make. I never make a mess. I begin brushing all of the glass into a dustpan and discarding it, cutting my finger in the process. On the counter and table, I discard all of the wrappers and rubbish. Then I throw all of their dirty clothes in the washing machine.

When I'm done, the kitchen is spotless.

I sigh and toss the musty rag into the laundry as well. I took my body and slid it down on the floor for a little moment of relaxation.

I start getting up again, and since I'm too weary to eat anything, I begin walking up the stairs to my room. My legs began to weaken before my eyes, and I fall midway down the stairs. I tried to continue, but I couldn't. My body feels like it's suddenly become a trap from which I can't escape.

I try to open my eyes, but all I see is a sliver of light turning on down stairs before they close completely. Before everything goes black, that's all I see.

Author's NOTE:

This is a shorter chapter then usually I wanted the beach chapter next instead of in the same so I just decided to leave it on a cliffhanger.