Chapter 52: Together Again: George

I sat there holding Lily's body for a long time.
"George is time." Ron said.
"She is dead." I said my throat was raw from all the crying.
"I know." He said.
"We need to let them take her." Harry said.
"To throw her in with all the other bodies? No way." I said.
"No, of course not. We can bury her in Godric's Hollow. Beside Sirius and Remus." Harry said.
"She would like that." I smiled.
"Yes. We can bury her tomorrow." Draco said.
"I could get her ready? I could fix her hair and put her in an outfit not...covered in her blood." Pansy offered.
"Thank you Pansy." I said. I slowly stood up, taking Lily's body with me.
When we got back to the safe house, I set her down in my bed.
"You can fix her up here." I said leaving the room. I could not be around the corpse of the girl I loved for one more minute.
I walked into Lily's room and grabbed her bag.
I dumped it out. I found what she was talking about. She had a stack of letters in there. One to Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Pansy, Blaise, Lucius, and me.1 I grabbed them and put them into my pockets.
I put all the stuff back into her bag and set it on her night stand.
I woke up the next morning in Lily's bed.
"She is almost ready." Draco said coming in.
"Thanks." I said. He nodded then walked back out.
I put on a suit I had conjured. I fixed my hair to where it looked presentable.
I walked out. I was greeted with a lot of 'I am sorry for your loss' 'She was a great person' 'She will be missed' but the truth was half of these people hated her because she was a death eater earlier.
They acted like they carried when she died. Fake. Fake people.
I walked to the big common room and sat down.
"George?" A voice said. I turned to see Hermione in a black dress. "Yeah?" I asked.
"It's time." She said.
I walked to my room to find a closed casket there.
"Is she?" I asked.
"Yes." Pansy said. "We can open it when we get to Godric's Hollow. Harry and Draco have gone ahead to prepare the plot." She said,
I nodded. I touched her casket and apperated with it to Godric's Hollow. Harry and Draco were already there with a whole in the ground.
I carefully lifted the top of the casket to reveal Lily. She looked so peaceful. Her hair was carefully spread out on a pillow. She was in a black ruffled dress. She had on the necklace I had got her. My eyes drifted to hands that were crossed over her torso. She had on the bracelet her dad and Remus had gotten her. She was...beautiful. Even in death she was stunning.
"She looks great Pansy." I said as she arrived.
"Thank you. I tried my best." She smiled.
"She um, left this for you." I said, handing her the letter.
"Thank you." She said, taking it.
I walked over and handed the letters to Draco and Harry.

"I guess I will give you Lucius too." I said. Draco nodded.
I found Ron and Hermione and gave them the letters.
A Lot of people came. I laughed at the sight. So many people coming to see a death eater buried.
"Lily came to us knowing that she would have to die for us to win. We can not let her sacrifice be in vain. She was an amazing person who I had the pleasure of being friends...no family with. She was taken too young. We will see her again someday. And when we do it will be a glorious day." Harry said.
Most people left before she was put into the ground. Harry and Draco carefully levitated the casket into the ground. They then waved their wands and dirt filled the hole. Just like that the love of my life was buried.

I was happy. As Happy as I could be. I never got with another woman. I could not, it hurt too much. I would visit Lily's grave a lot more than I should have, but it was what I needed.
In a shocking turn of events Harry and Pansy got together and adopted Teddy. And even crazier Draco and Hermione got together. They were all happy.
I lost touch with Ron. He became very annoying and self-centered.
I opened my eyes to see a beautiful place.
It had mountains, hills, and rivers. It was amazing.
I heard a laugh. It was her laugh.
She was sitting on a blanket having a picnic with Remus, Sirius, and a blond woman who I assumed was her mother.
"Lily?" I asked. She turned to me and smiled.
She looked amazing. Her face was full again and she was not as thin. Her black hair was curled around her head and she had light makeup on. She looked healthy. She had on a white flower dress with white heels.
She ran to me and hugged me. "I missed you!" She said as I spun her.
"I missed you so much." I said kissing her.
"Don't leave me again." I said.
"Never." She assured me.
"Would you like to meet my mom?" She asked.
"Yes." I said as she led me over to where they were sitting.