Chapter 24: Dark Magic: Lily

I apperated away from the cave to Malfoy manor. When I arrived I steady myself on the gate. The gates opened and I walked inside.

"Lily, you made it." Pansy said giving me a hug when I got there.

"Yes, I was a little worried but I made it." I smiled. "Have you seen Draco?" I asked, she nodded and pointed to where he was greeting people.

"Happy birthday Cousin." I said walking up and hugging him.

''Thank you, How did it go?" He asked.

"Great, we have their allegiance." I smiled.

"And how do you feel?" He asked.

"Great." I smiled.

"Liar." He said.

"Only a bit of dark magic was used." I smiled. In truth, summoning a person and casting an unforgivable took a lot of magic but I would not ruin his birthday. "I will move on. You have asked to be great and I have a speech ready." I smiled walking away.

  Champagne. I grabbed one and took a sip. I looked at the clock and saw it was time to give my speech. I walked up onto the platform and tinked my wand on my cup. Everyone turned their attrition to me.

"Thank you all for coming to my cousin's birthday party! I can't believe he is another year older and still not as magically gifted as me." I said and winked at him. People laughed. "Anyway, I am lucky to have such an amazing cousin, and family for that matter. I am glad they have taken me into their family. Happy birthday Cousin. Long live the dark lord, long may he reign." I said holding out my cup.

"Long live the dark lord, long may he reign." Everyone repeated back. It was a weird saying he came up with. I suddenly felt very sick. I walked off the stage and out onto the balcony.

I took a breath of fresh air. It pushed the feeling away, but it quickly returned. I leaned over just in time to get sick. I vanished it with my wand.

"The dark magic?" A voice asked. I turned to see Lucius.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I am old and wise child." He said.

"Yes, becoming a..." I could not bring myself to say it. "It makes me powerful, yes but it also makes me sick. The more I use it the sicker I get." I sighed leaning on the railing.

"Your body can not handle that much dark magic. You were raised with light magic. Don't let anyone fool you. There is light and dark magic." Lucius said.

"I have 3- 5 good years left." I said looking out in the distance. "I have no idea what will happen after that seeing as I am...what I am." I sighed.

"You need to go to the Order." Lucius said. I laughed.

"I would go if I could." I sighed. "Plus, I really don't think they would take me back." I sighed looking away.

"I think they would." He said. I said nothing.

"You know it is amazing how many books the Malfoy library has on dark magic. On things like Unbreakable vows and even Horcruxes You should check it out some time." Lucius said, walking away.

What did that mean? Did Lucius just tell me there was a way around my unbreakable vow?

"Lily?" A voice said. I turned to see Draco.

"You got sick, yes?" He asked. I smiled.

"Your dad said you guys have books on unbreakable vows and Horcruxes, yes?" I said.

"I think so, why?" He said.

"Because I think we may have a way to get around mine." I smiled.