Chapter 47: Explination: Lily

"Lily, you don't have to do this." George said.
"Yes I do. I owe it to everyone in this room. You deserve to know what is happening." I sighed.
I looked around the table. There sat Kingsley, McGonagall, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, George, then Draco, Blaise and Pansy were standing behind me.
"We are ready when you are Lily." Harry said.
"Ok but you must promise me one thing." I said. He nodded. "What I tell you does not leave this room. I...I know what you will want to do but nobody outside this room can know." I said.
"We can do that." McGonagall said.
"So, we all know how the dark lord captured Teddy. I went and...bargained myself for him. I was able to talk the dark lord into making an unbreakable vow. I would never go near the Order again, or talk to anyone unless...killing them. In return he would stay away from Teddy. All death eaters including me would." I said.
"If you made the unbreakable vow, how are you not dead right now?" Ron asked.
"Give me a minute I am getting to that." I sighed.
"Are you going to kill us? Is that your plan?" Ron asked, standing up and pointing his wand at me. Draco was quickly in front of me, wand out and ready.
"Try it Weaslebee. We can see just how fast my death eater reflexes are." Draco said.
"Enough." Kingsley said.
"I am not going to kill you." I said, rolling my eyes.
Ron sat down. Draco was still standing.

"Draco." I said. He looked down at me. I shook my head. He slowly lowered his wand and walked back to where he was standing before.
"No Ron, I am not going to kill you. You may want to kill me and that's fine because you will need to kill me to end this war." I said looking straight at Ron.
"What?" George asked.
"Lily, why would we have to kill you?" Hermione said.
"Because part of the deal was that I became a...a horcrux for the dark lord so that if Harry ever came back and tried to fight him again...he would have to kill me to win." I sighed looking away.
"That makes no sense. What does that have to do with you being sick?" Luna asked.
"When I became a...horcrux it was like I was on a beach and sitting on the sand and a big wave came and pulled me out to the sea. The sea being dark magic of course. And the use of the dark magic is...killing me." I said.
"How long?" McGonagall asked.
"How long till what? Can we fix her?" George asked.
"1-3 years." I said. Everyone went silent.
"1-3 years?" George asked.
"That's how long until I die. We don't know what it will do since I am a horcrux. There has never been another thing like me." I said with a small laugh.
"So that's where your power comes from?" Kingsley asked.
"Yes. Because a part of him lives in me I too can use his powers. Not to the extent he can but enough to kill me." I said.
No one said anything.
"So, who wants to go get the sword of Gryffindor and drive it through my chest?" I asked. No one said anything or moved.
"There has to be another way." George said.
"There is no other way." I said.
"There has to be! I won't have gotten you back just to lose you again." George said. "I won't." He said voice breaking.
"Ok. Ok we will find another way." I smiled. George got up and left.
"There is no other way." Harry said.
"I know." I sighed.
"You're letting him hope for no reason." Ron said. "You really are not the same Lily." Ron said leaving.
"Ron!" I yelled. He stopped.
"Don't tell him. Please." I said. He nodded then left.
"So, what's the plan?" I asked.
"Lily, you're asking us to kill you." McGonagall said.
"I know. I have had 2 ½ years to come to terms with my death. I would however like to wait until the final battle if I may. Just so that I could take a few death eaters out with me." I said.
"We can do that." McGonagall said.
"So, when do we fight?" I asked.
"We have been planning to march on the Hogwarts castle. With the intel Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Zabini have provided us while you were out, it seems as if he goes there once a month to check on things." Kingsley said.
"Let me guess. Is it tomorrow?" I asked. He nodded. "One day till my death. How nice." I smiled.
"We thought we would have more time but with this new...information." McGonagall said.
"No, I get it. You guys can win this war." I said.