Chapter 39: Deal: George

I waited in the war room with Kingsley, McGonagall, Hermione, and Ron. I paced back and forth.

"Will you stop pacing? You're freaking me out." Ron said.

"Sorry." I said returning to my seat at the table.

After a few minutes the door opened revealing Harry followed by Lily, Malfoy, Zabini, and Parkinson.

"The guests of honor." Kingsley sighed.

"Why are we here?" Malfoy asked, then looked at our faces.

"Oh, for our fate." He sighed.

"Mrs.Black. Or is it Mrs.Zabini?" Kingsley asked.

Lily hesitated then looked at Blasie.

"It's Black." She said, eyes narrowing.

  "Alright then, Mrs. Black you are one of the most wanted people, Mr. Malfoy you are next on that list. Mr. Zabini and Miss. Parkinson you are very low on the list." Kingsley said.

"Should I be offended that we are so low Parks?" Zabini asked. The four laughed.

Kingsley cleared his throat.

"We have decided to let you stay with us. That means. You will act like part of these people. You will give us any and all information you needed. The more helpful you are they less your sentence will be after this war is over. Although for some of you." He said looking at Lily. "Yours may not be decided much. Minister." Kingsley said.

"I am still the youngest Minister of Magic to ever live. Doesn't matter how I got it." She shrugged.

If, you-know-who offers something for the return of you guys. But I am assuming he would want Mrs. Black the most. We will do it." Kingsley said.

"Kinglsey." I said.

"That is not what we agreed to." McGonagall said.

"It's fine." Draco said.

"You will use us for all we are worth then leave us the moment you can get something out of it. We expected it. So, what do we do?" Lily Shrugged.

"These." Hermione said sliding four papers their way. Lily walked closer and the others followed. It was at this moment I realized that Lily was their leader. They trusted her. They all read over it then signed.

"Great." Kingsley said, vanishing the papers.

"So just asking. We don't have to still sleep in the cell, do we?" Parkinson asked. Lily gave a small laugh.

"No. There is one room fully open. We will put the four of you in there." McGonagall said. They all eyed each other and smiled. "Don't make me regret that. We would separate you, but some people are not happy about your return." McGonagall said. Ron huffed.

"Great. Now. not trying to be pushy or anything but can we have what was taken from us when we arrived? Like our wands, my bag and anything else?" Lily asked.

"No." Kingsley said.

"Excuse me?" Zabini asked.

"You can get you bag Mrs. Black. You will not however be given a wand until you have proven that you can get along well with others." Kingsley said.

"Fine." Lily sighed holding out her hand.

"Why is your hand out?" Harry whispered.

"For my bag." She said. A second later her bag appeared in her hand.

"How did you do that?" Kingsley said.

"Magic." She winked. "So Hermione, I trust you can take us to our room?" She said, Hermione stood and rushed over to them.

They all left.

"Potter if this goes wrong. I blame you." Kingley said.

"I would want nothing less." Harry sighed.

A few hours later I found myself in front of Lily's door. I knocked and a few seconds later Malfoy opened the door.

"I am assuming you're not here for me?" He asked. I shook my head. "Lily!" He called.

"Yeah Draco?" She called from somewhere in the room.

"Someone is here for you?" He said. She came walking over and frozen when she saw me.  She was wearing a very oversized Black tee-shirt and her hair was up in a bun.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi." She said lightly.

"Can we talk?" I asked.