10. The Expedition and Bean Protection Mission

Start from the beginning

"Then what are we going to do now?" Isabel asked.

"Prove ourselves worthy of the scouts. And earn our citizenship in the surface with this mission." The oldest stated.

That was more reasonable. Despite the fact that they also couldn't trust Erwin as well in this situation, but he was indeed the one who took the initiative to bring them to the upper ground.

Even if the one who hired them didn't come, they would still have gotten here and roamed the place freely. So it was somewhat not their loss if they stop cooperating with the previous plan.

"We'll prove ourselves worthy and survive." Farlan announced.

The three of them looked up the skies with hearts at ease after the conversation.

The stars appeared among them cloaking the skies with a glittering glow. The crickets chanting through the darkness with a peaceful evening in tow as the wind whispered through the trees making it rustle in a hushing motion.

This was the surface that they have been wishing to see from the very start. The surface that they wanted to go to was immense, they could hardly imagined it to be more than just the sunlight and luxurious infrastructure. But the nature also showed them the life that it nurtured.

It was a beautiful place. One that could only make them want to live here over and over again than an underground where the sunlight couldn't even reach no matter how much they begged the heavens.

Meanwhile, Y/n, who couldn't sleep decided to sit on her chair and write. Her hand scribbling through a separate journal and continued noting events that will happen in the future if she ever dies today.

It was really scary. She can tell that her survival rate if she ever save Isabel and Farlan would be very low.

Out there, it's going to be clouded with fog. Rain will threaten to come and in the mist hid an aberrant titan on fours. Will kill an entire squad including Isabel and Farlan in Levi's absence.

I might be dead by then if I couldn't stop it with the strength I've accumulated for six years. And if I ever was, I hope this entry will help anyone who finds it. I do wish commander Erwin will, but whoever doesn't matter.

So starting today, prepare for the worst.

Year 845, wall Maria will be breached. The gate will be smashed open. Titans will enter and kill more that 3/4ths of the entire population.

Note: for the incoming batch of 104th training regiment and soldiers, work harder. Incompetence will lead a lot of you to your demise after graduation.

Year 850, Trost will be breached the same way as wall Maria.

Same year, humanity's hope will awaken.

Same year, 57th expedition. Let humanity's hope fight... please.

Same year, traitors appears. I can't hate them. You decide.

Same year, the crowning of the new queen.

Same year, revelations in grasp in the battle of wall Maria. Hundred of soldiers and Commander Erwin... (the handwriting trembles) dies...

Same year, wall Maria is finally freed of titans.

Titans has finally come to an end in Paradis.

This is all I can disclose for now... well, I'm lazy to write more detail and it's tragic. And I don't know if this could help prevent more deaths but I'll pray for everyone's safety.

She closed the journal and pondered if she was doing the right thing with the spoilers... well, it's not really good to spoil them, but if she did manage to survive, then she'll just burn these and help them out in the future and so on. This was her goal in the first place, so if she gets to live after saving them, it's going to be another set of goal for her.

Two years from now, the breach caused by the colossal titan will finally come and no one can do anything about that.

"Ah, whatever. It's the original storyline anyway. Whether someone can do anything about it or not is solely because of the plot." She muttered.

When morning came, everyone were preparing for the expedition. Y/n didn't have much to do as she is the laziest among her group but the most active when she's killing titans on the front lines.

Y/n's minions namely Levi, Isabel and Farlan will be with her during the run and while they are not a complete number to form a squad yet, had to squeeze in to join another squad situated at the back.

Despite being a typical frontliner, Y/n didn't spoke her complains and simply nodded. There are a lot of things needed to be done today. She only fixed her horse while waiting for the order to depart.

Everyone were already at the gate at wall Maria as she scanned her surroundings. Her eyes, meeting green lively eyes from a small boy together with his blonde friend and Raven haired sister/lover/its complicated. Probably about eight years of age.

Standing by the wooden boxes to match the height of the people who were gathered by the front gate of the wall, they peeked curiously into the battalion. The kid's eyes sparkled as he met her eyes and made that cute salute that had her lips twitching, threatening to form a smile.

Eren Jaeger. That's just cute of you.

Y/n passively waved to the child as she watched him blushed, puffing his chest with a bright innocent smile.

Ah, genocidal pigeon. Why? How could you be such a bean?!

"The goddess waved at me." The whispers from that direction erupted. Due to Y/n actually being famous for her face, she wasn't just famous in the barracks but also in some places close to the wall's gate.

Among all soldiers, she was the most noticable as she didn't look like any ordinary person. The body Y/n was possessing was quite extraordinary. Although it slightly resembled her past self, this person, unlike her, looks like a waifu but not a waifu material as she believed.

Since they all looked 2d in her beloved eyes, the beauty enhanced even more that she couldn't help but ask herself for marriage everytime she looks at a mirror. She's clearly not joking when she said she's inlove with herself...

Y/n faced forward as their horses stood still waiting for the gate to open and show them the path of freedom. She inhaled the breeze that was entering through that opening gate, the wind blowing through her gently that fresh air was within her reach.

This was one of the reasons why Y/n wanted to be one of the scouts. But cause it feels free whenever expedition comes.

Closing her eyes for a few seconds to meditate the rapid beating of her chest, she eased herself. The possibilities of death had always been in her system for so long it made her wonder if her death in this world will get her back home or not. But whatever the consequences will be, she actually happy to meet some of the characters she simps for.

Opening her eyes again, the gate was now fully opened. She held the reigns carefully as the horses were preparing themselves.

"28th expedition commencing!" The announcer said.

The people on the front started to run forward followed by everyone in the back including her.

The horses ran through the passage where the light lit leading them to a new world more refreshing but the most dangerous.

The girl turned to her minions, the trio who seemed dazzled by the outside world as she internally smiled. This is it.

Let's protect these little beans.