Trouble.

Kayden's POV

Ava hit hard. She spoke and didn't think about anything else in that moment. She was breaking apart on the inside. She was crumbling and holding onto the last strength that she could muster. The recent deceit from our friends and now the painful reminder of her being the daughter of these two.

But she is strong. She is the strongest person I know. Ava will come out of a life and death situation without being unscathed, but that will be for the world. She would smile and reassure everyone. She would make sure the others are okay. And then think about herself. No matter how much she is hurting.

I know that because I saw her do it. She went to everyone after the recent attacks and made sure they were okay. Ava stayed with them, gave them strength to fight further. To not give up. But she was giving up. She was dying inside.

My strong woman. My lady. My love.

And I wonder how I could still stand there and watch her be herself and not yell at the top of my lungs that I love her. That I would chose her first. That she is the one who makes my heart race and also the only one who could calm it. She is the one who I want to wake up next to. She is the one, I want a future with. She is the one I would fight for. She is the one I would give up anything for. She is the one who makes me weak at my knees. Because she is Ava. She is the only one for me. And I'm glad I found her.

Tony Mickelson took a step back and another and then glared at his wife. "My daughter thinks I have ulterior motives with her because of you! You ruined my life!" He screamed.

Ava scoffed, Diana gasped and Clayton just looked at Ava to make sure she was okay. I appreciate his concern but sometimes, it unnerves me. For gods sake I love her. I can be possessive sometimes.

"What are you talking about? She ruined your life Tony. Not me. We are a team remember?" Diana went closer to him but he just backed off.

"No. John was right. You manipulated me all along. You got pregnant with my daughter so you could secure the marriage with me. You're a bitch Diana. And I can't believe I loved a woman so disgusting like you. You manipulated me all along. I wonder how could a mother be so cruel with her own child."

"Stop right there father. Don't point fingers at her. If she manipulated you, then you let her. You have a conscious of your own. You have a mind of your own. You could think and do what was right. You didn't. You followed along her footsteps and left me. A fucking new born all alone. To fend for herself with those horrible nannies that knew nothing about babysitting. Because you two were busy with your business and your honeymoon phase!" Ava stated calmly. So calmly that I was indeed scared.

She is so tiny and small and holds so much inside her. I feel scared for her, for the time when she finally bursts out and let everything pour out of her system. She would be devastated for so many days. And I want nothing more than to be there next to her and hold her whenever she breaks down.

Because Ava would do the same for me. She would never let me fight my battles alone. She would stand right behind me and watch over me. She would have my back. That if I fall, if I get hurt, she could get  me back up on my feet and encourage me to go further.

And I guess that's what I want in my life partner.

"Ava she fed me lies-" Tony tried fruitlessly.

"Lies about a toddler and you were stupid enough to believe them?! What lies father? That I was stealing from you? That I was selling information to your rivals when I could barely even open my eyes? What lies? That I came in between you and your family? That your family was disappointed in you because of me? And you believed her. Didn't you?"