14 - fake it till you make it, kenma

CHAPTER 14: FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT, KENMA

TW: HALLUCINATIONS, SEEING THINGS AND VOMITING

The sick feeling filled her stomach as she looked at her eye in the mirror in the bathroom. Her stomach felt like it was pulsing, the feeling of chunky vomit climbing up her throat, she grabbed onto her throat, "no... Don't waste kuroo.... Don't waste mama..." she begged herself in the mirror, deeply swallowing the vomit back down as to listen to kenma's words.

She poked her fingertips in her empty eye socket, no eyelid on her left eye to blink in sync with the other one. Her right eye teared up, her body freezing as she felt the vomit coming up, forcing herself to swallow it once again.

"Awh my poor old daughter is really going to vomit her mother out. What a bitch you are"

[Name] span around, falling onto the floor as she heard her mother's voice, turning her head around everywhere to see where her voice was coming from but she didn't see anybody

"Huh...."

"You ate me, you whore."

Kuroo's voice also popped up, causing her breathing to get heavy

"I didn't want to! I swear, he forced me to!!" she yelled, covering her empty eye socket with her brown eye patch, " I just.... I felt loved.... He made me that cake and, he cuddled me after cutting my eye out, that means something right?!" she felt her mouth curl into a smile, her shaky hand on her heart.

"Are you fucking insane?!"

"I cant believe you ate me, you disgusting dog."

"You'll stay as his pet forever if you don't do something,"

"In fact you should just kill yourself maybe you might escape that way."

The voice disappeared as the vomit came up again, she couldn't hold it in this time she had to let it go, she weakly scrambled to the toilet, gripping onto the toilet seat as she threw up aggressively into the bowl. She sobbed as more vomit came out, before she was finally finished, wiping her mouth.

I'm a dirty girl

I'm not clean

I'm a disgusting dog

The rain slowly tapped onto the floor, the gloomy clouds covering the sun as the chatter filled the air. Kenma straightened up his black suit, walking into kuroo's funeral with a bag of flowers. He tried his best not to burst out into laughter as he saw a crying Lev run up to him with Yaku rubbing his back, attempting to comfort him the best he could.

"Kenma! I can't believe he's dead.... First [name] disappearing and now kuroo's...dead.... All beacuse of that stupid setter!" he sobbed, snot running down his face, causing kenma's lip to lift up in disgust

'Don't worry, you'll join him soon...' kenma thought to himself, let out a small chuckle, covering up it off as a cough.

'Fake it till you make it, kenma, " he reminded himself before looking up st the tall boy in front of him.

"C'mon, Lev. Let's go get you some tissues, okay?" Yaku smiled, bringing the crying boy over to the table with tissues.

Kenma cleared his throat as he saw Kuroo's mother walking over to him with her husband behind her, he had to act sad. He couldn't look suspicious, after all, kuroo was his best friend.

"Kenma. Are you doing alright? After seeing your best friend die right in front you must've been very traumatic, yes?" his father frowned, patting the young boy on the head.

"I didn't really see all of it, I was just tied up in bathroom. But if theres anything I can do for you, please let me know," he smiled at the both of them, hand them flowers.

"Im glad that stupid Kageyama was arrested... Can you believe it?! Fighting over [name]...Y'know Kuroo loved her, he'd talk about her all the time, telling us amazing things about her. Bless her soul, I hope they find her soon... It's been a whole month," his mother frowned, tearing up slightly, "heh.... Excuse me, I'm getting a bit emotional," she sobbed, walking away from kenma and to contain herself from crying.

"It's been a struggle, so many bad things have happened in the span of a month and half. Stay safe kenma, okay?"

Kenma nodded, watching as the man walked away, sitting down as they began to give their speeches.

Kenma smirked, wondering how everyone would feel if they knew that he was the one who killed the boy. His best friend had killed him, he felt so satisfied with himself.

He felt a finger tap on his shoulder, he span his head around, seeing the faces he hated the most.

Sakura and Ren, the two police officers that wouldn't get off his back. Sakura was wearing a short black dress with black gloves, along with a small purse being held in her hand, while Ren was wearing his usual blazer.

"Can we have a word with you Kenma, you know what it's about," the smaller girl said, pointing outside of the funeral room, into the hallway.

"It's a funeral the least you could do is wear something appropriate, Miss Sakura," kenma pointed to her short dress, walking out into the hallway, "she can wear whatever she wants," Ren rolled his eyes, following the pudding haired boy to talk to him.

Ren pulled out pictures of kuroo's dead body on the table from the morgue, "Look at the bruises on Kuroo's body," he pointed to the bruises and cuts, showing the boy, before turning to Sakura, "Sakura, if you don't mind,"

She pulled down the puff sleeve on her dress, revealing the bruise he gave her when he pulled her away from the door, "this is the bruise you gave me when you pulled me away from the closet, the first day we met. If you look closely at the bruises on kuroo's body, the look similar to mine." she explained

"So?"

"So, that means you may have helped Kageyama beat up your dear best friend, kuroo,"

"No. How many times do I have to tell you? I was tied up in the bathroom,"

"Kageyama denied everything. Hinata said he saw Kageyama go to the ramen shop, not to your house. So, what really happened, kenma?" Sakura pulled up her gloves, crossing her legs and her arms, staring at him with her eyes.

"I already told you what happened! Just give up on this case, Kageyama killed kuroo and he's in jail now. If you excuse me; I'm going home." he pushed Sakura out of the way, causing her to yelp as she watched the boy walk out, slamming the door once again.

"He knows something,"

"Yeah. no shit. God, my toes are killing me...." she groaned, removing her heels from her feet, sitting down onto the chair next to her.

"Why do you even wear those, Sakura?"

"Fashion, Ren. Something you wouldn't understand. All you wear are those black tops that hightlight your abs and muscles," she quickly put on her heels as people were walking out from the funeral, assuming it had finished.

Kenma's leg were shaking as he sat down on chair, tapping his fingers on his thigh, pissed off at those police officers.

"They're getting too close to finding out..."