13 - the trail of the dead and missing

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE TRAIL OF THE DEAD AND MISSING

TW: MENTIONS OF SENSITIVE AND TRIGGER SUBJECTS SUCH A RAPE, SEXUAL THEMES

"It doesn't make any fucking sense!"

Sakura slammed her hand on the bed in front her, the files in front of her stressing her out as she stared at them. The gloomy weather wasn't helped either, the rain tapped slightly on the window, the relaxing sounds calming her, along with the feeling of Ren's hands running down her back, fiddling with her red lace bra strap as he smoked, trying his best to avoid getting smoke in her face.

"Give me some attention, please~" he pouted, rubbing his cheek on the girl's soft skin, her attention on the files of murders that had happened this week, which her boss had trusted her with but Ren wasn't helping her solve it.

"Ren, why would Kageyama want to kill and or rape Kuroo? They had no connection to each other nor did he have any connection with [name]." she span around, the face of her desperate, her topless partner sitting on her lap like a cat, his face laying in her boob.

"Honstely, I think you should relax, y'know? Kageyama has already been arrested for murder and rape, the only case we should be worrying about is [name],"

She sighed, watching as Ren curled her black hair, reaching in for a kiss, she rolled her eyes and smirked, "a fourth round, really, Ren?" she giggled, not denying his touch as she let him pushed her down, smiling. He began to carress her waist, giving her small kisses on her chest.

They both froze as Sakura's phone buzzed, a text popping up. "God, what now." she moaned, Ren biting on her neck as she picked up the phone, "Hello?" she whispered.

"Sakura?! Where in the hell are you?! You're 4 hours late to your shift!!" her friend, Midori yelled through the phone, causing the black haired girl to jump up, Ren backing away from her neck

"SHIT! I'm so sorry! I was uhm...." she gave Ren a look

"You can stop with the excuses I know you're screwing Ren, just get your ass in here!"

They rushed into the office, straightening their blazers and fixing their hair as to not look messy before heading to their office, beginning to look at the cases they were working on.

"Right. So, Kuroo. He was found dead and half naked in Kenma's house. Kageyama supposedly raped him and killed him in a panicked state as to not wanting to go to prison," Sakura explained the case, pretending that she wasn't just sleeping with her police partner who hated her guts.

"Isn't Kageyama straight though?" Ren span around in his chair, eating a chocolate bar without snapping it.

"You don't know that. It's the 21st century, you know, don't be so closed-minded. He could've been bi or pansexual,"

She watched as the dark brown haired boy stood up, looking out the window of their office, seeing the pudding haired boy walk into the police station, looking around anxiously, "Kenma. He's here."

Sakura turned around, leaning over the table to see for herself through the window, she gasped, opening the door as she walked over to the door with Ren behind her, heading towards to Kenma, "Kenma, nice to see you again," Ren greeted him sarcastically, crossing his arms, staring the boy in his brown cat eyes.