10 - the missing girl

CHAPTER TEN: THE MISSING GIRL

The chatter filled the air in the police room, police officers walked around an the sound of radios rang in Sakura's ears, her amber eyes staring at the file for the missing case of [name] [surname].

"She's been missing for a week now. She went missing for three days as well, but came back." she spoke, her partner, Ren, spinning his chair around to sit next to her, staring at the papers in front of her. He placed a file with a teenage boy's face on it, he had brown cat eyes and short pudding colored hair, a lifeless look on his face.

"Kenma Kozume. [Name]'s classmate, they often had study dates together," he pointed at the text underneath the picture of him, more pictures behind that one of [name]'s classmates.

"It's weird, she sent messaged her mother and her friend but she didn't manage to call the police," Ren mumbled, a finger underneath his chin as he thought. Sakura rolls his eyes at him, "she obviously might've been in shock and or scared, so she wasn't thinking properly when whatever happened to her, happened to her."

"Blah. Blah, blah always thinking you're the smart one," Ren scowled

He noticed how the black haired girl didn't argue back, instead facing her attention on her computer, frantically typing. He wheeled his chair over with the wheels underneath, getting closer to her as he layed his chin on her shoulder, staring at what she was doing on her computer, "tracking down her phone?" he mumbled, seeing a location pop up on the map, they both jumped up in shock.

"Her phone is at Kenma's house?!" they both gasped, looking at each other. Ren smirked, "we have a lead! Finally!"

He put on his jacket over his blazer, grabbing his gun and his notepad, heading out into the police car with his partner behind him. She put her hair in a ponytail , apply lip balm to her lips.

"Seriously? You're a police officer,"

"At lesst I'm a cute police officer," she winked at him, his cheeks turning red slightly as he faces the road, clearing his throat, regaining his serious posture, "alright, let's go," he began to drive over to the young boy's house, getting out his car as he walked over to the door, his jumpy partner behind him.

"This house looks really scary...." she shook inside her boots, staring up the creepy house, he chuckled, "don't worry, I'll protect you~" he teased, smirking at her, he expected her to make a snarky comment back but no response was heard, he spun around to see Sakura shaking. Ren rolled his eyes, huffing as he grabbed her hand, ignoring the shocked look he was giving her, knocking on the door.

A tired woman with brown messy hair appeared as the door opened, heavy eye bags under her eyes, "how can I help you?" she asked, smiling.

Ren pulled out his police badge, showing her it, "me and my partner here are investigating the cause of [name] being missing. We need to search your son's room." he announced, walking past her, moving her out of the way by her waist, his hand still linked with Sakura's.

"You can let go now,"

She let go, walking up the stairs into the boy's the room, she pulled out a flashlight as she began to look through his room, looking through his notebooks. Nothing special, just a bunch of notes for class, Ren began to look through his closet, his dark green eyes widening as he wiped his brown hair out of his, most of it tied in a bun while the rest fell down, gasping.