12 - Happy Birthday To You, Ugly~Chan

CHAPTER TWELVE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UGLY~CHAN

TW: CANNIBALISM, PANIC ATTACKS, SLIGHT VOMITING, TORTURE AND HALLUCINATIONS

Kenma didn't come down to feed her or to check up on [name] for weeks, she had to survive on the rotten fries. When Kuroo went back up, she had heard screaming and thudding, then she heard police car sirens, her hope was shooting up out of the roof. She sat impatiently next to door, praying that kuroo had called the police and got kenma arrested, hoping to see policer officers bust through the door.

Her eyes slowly dimmed as nothing happened, she layed on the floor, her legs up in air as she waited for something to happen.

What day was it?

Why hadn't kuroo came back down?

There was no way. No way that kenma could've done anything to him, he was twice the size of him and was the strongest after Lev in the boys' volleyball Club. She felt her hands shake, her heart beat slow down as she realised, that may have been a chance that would've happened.

She couldn't breathe properly, her hands were on her heart as she shook desperately, praying with all her might for kuroo's raspy voice to call out for her again, she stumbled back onto her bed, feeling as if she was running out of air. She couldn't think properly as her head made the room spin, her eyes looking around, trying to make the room stay still as she held her head in her hands, sobbing as she felt like she was dying.

"Am I dying..... Make it stop! Please...." she begged, stretching the neck of her top, feeling her body heat up as her throat closed up, laying down on her bed as she attempted to sleep, hopefully the feeling would go away once she slept.

The cold breeze hit her face as she woke up, the bright light of the room, she wiped her eyes, yawning slightly as she felt better. She could finally breathe once again, she smiled, only got her smile to disappear as she saw kenma in front of her face, a big smirk on his face.

"Happy birthday, Ugly~chan~"

"What...."

"I said happy birthday, [name]~chan~" he purred, revealing the cake with pink icing with pink hearts on top of it.

Was she hearing things? She heard a familiar voice calling out to her, it sounded like one she had heard before, it overlapped kenma's voice when he tried to wished her happy birthday. She shook her head, sitting up, removing the blanket off her.

"It's my birthday..?" she muttered, her voice showing visible confusion on it.

He smiled, placing the cake next to her, patting her head, stroking her care gently, "Mhm, take a bite of your cake, you haven't eaten in weeks, [name]~chan," he ushered her to take a bite with a fork he handed her.

She glanced at him for a moment, noticing how kind he was being. He must've had a change of heart, she nodded , grabbing the fork and she cut into it with the side, taking a bite. He stared at her as she chewed, a big smile on her face, her [e/c] eyes lighting up. "Kenma this so good! - ow!" she yelped in pain as something hard and bony poked in the inside of her cheek.

She spat it out into her hand, a bloody cut up bone appearing in her hand, blood surrounding her hand, she gasped, shallow breathing escaping her lips, "what...?" she looked up at him with wide eyes, her hands shaking in fear, scared of what she had just eaten.