Chapter 15: The Chest.

General POV.

It was further into the day and the weather was hot and even the wind was starting to pick up temperature.

Elizabeth said on the small stairs looking troubled.

Rose was talking and laughing with Ana Maria, they were walking below deck to check the supplies they still had, and if they needed to make port soon.

And Jack walked over to Elizabeth.

'My intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled.' Jack said to Elizabeth while holding a bottle of rum.

'I just thought I'd be married by now.' Elizabeth said back her voice cracking a little.

'I'm so ready to be married.' Elizabeth said.

Jack was looking a bit confused when she said that. Fastly glancing over to Rose.

Thinking if she would ever think they need to get married.

Jack then uncorks the bottle and gave it to Elizabeth.

Which she after rolling with her eyes took.

'You know' Jack started

'Lizzie, I am captain of a ship, and being captain of a ship, I could in fact perform a 'marr-i-age right here. ' He said his eyebrow raised at Elizabeth.

'No thank you' Elizabeth said giving Jack the bottle back and walking off towards the rail.

'Why not.' Jack said while walking after her.

'We are very much alike, you and I , I and you. Us.' Jack said

'Oh. Except for a sense of honor and decency and a moral center.

And of course my sister and your woman.' Elizabeth spat at him not looking at him.

Jack smirked when he thought about Rose.

But Ana Maria told him that he needed to see if he could actually persuade Elizabeth. cause she had over heard a conversation she had with Norrington.

'And personal hygiene.' Elizabeth said turning around to Jack.

Jack raised his eyebrow and lifted his arm to smell his armpit.

'Trifles' Jack said.

'You will come over to my side. I know it.'

'You seem very certain.' Elizabeth said.

'One word Love. Curiosity.' It's what led your beautiful sister to me.' Jack said with an smirk.

'You're actually the same as Rosemary.

You long for freedom. You long for what you want to do because you want it.

To act on selfish impulse.

You want to see what it's like.

One day, you won't be able to resist.' Jack said with a smile.

'Just like Rose.'

'Why doesn't your compass work?' Elizabeth suddenly asked Jack.

To which Jack frowned.

'My compass works fine.' Jack replied looking forward. And biting on his lower lip.

'Because you and I are alike, and there will come a moment when you have a chance to show it.

To do the right thing.' Elizabeth said to him.