Chapter 4: The promise.

General POV.

Will got dragged out of the brig. And taken with a few guards towards the place Beckett stayed.

Beckett was talking to his first mate Mercer.

'Lord Beckett, the prisoner as ordered, sir. ' A soldier said.

'Those won't be necessary.' Beckett said pointing to the cuffs around Will's hands.

The soldier who brought Will in. took his cuffs off.

Beckett walked towards his small cabinet with alcohol, and filled two glasses with a liquid looking like rum.

He offered Will one. But Will didn't move only his eyes fixated on Beckett.

'the East India Trading Company has need of your services.' Beckett told Will.

'We wish for you to act as our agent.' Beckett walked towards the fireplace.

'In a business transaction with our mutual friend Captain Sparrow.' Beckett said looking at the fire place.

'More acquaintance then a friend. How do you know him?' Will answered the question.

Beckett took something out of the fire. It was an iron stick with on the top of it. an P.

It was like a brand.

Will was looking at Beckett closely standing at a safe distance.

'We've had dealings in the past. And we each left our mark on the other.' Beckett said while looking at the P on the stick.

'What mark did he leave you?' Will asked

Beckett was quiet for a brief second.

'By your efforts, Jack Sparrow was set free.' Beckett lied the stick back into the fireplace. Walking back to Will.

'I would like you to go to him.' Beckett said while downing the glass of alcohol he had.

'And recover a certain property in his possession.'

'Recover. At the point of a sword?' Will said looking down at Beckett.

'Bargain.' Beckett said looking weirdly at Will.

Beckett put down the glass he was holding and opened a little case.

He took out an little envelope.

'Letters of marque.

You will offer what amounts to a full pardon' Beckett was opening the envelope.

'Jack will be free, a privateer in the employ of England.' Beckett said while looking over the papers.

'Somehow I doubt Jack will consider employment the same as being free.' Will said while squinting his eyes at Beckett.

'Pff Freedom' Beckett rolled his eyes while rolling up the letters of marque. And laid them back in the small case.

He walked past Will to the balcony of his office.

'Jack Sparrow is a dying breed.' Beckett said while looking over the dock.

'the world is shrinking, the blank edges of the map filled in.

Jack must find his place in the New World or perish.' Beckett said looking behind him.

He saw Will stepping foot on the balcony.

Beckett turned around facing Will.

'Not unlike you, Mr. Turner.

You and your fiancée face the hangman's noose.' Beckett said with an serious face.