"Of course. I think the two of you are going to get along very well. He likes his ears to be scratched," I whisper the last part and then set the slumbering puppy on the ground. He smiles and I stand up as the parents say thank you to me.

On my way back towards where Emily is chatting with a potential adopter, I see Bailey sitting in the stands by himself.

I glance around noting that my parents are talking to Henry's still just like they have all day. Hunter is with Kaitlyn and Henry is with Wilson and Quinn playing with a group of kids and their parents.

What is Bailey doing up there?

I guess we haven't really spoken since the night of the fire. He was so upset I thought he needed space, but maybe I was wrong.

I climb up the couple of steps and sit next to him as he looks the other way. "Hey B." I say cheerily, trying to start the conversation off on a good note. Bailey stays silent and I frown. "How's soccer going?" I ask, trying again to start the conversation.

"Fine." He answers shortly, crossing his arms over his chest.

I chew my lip hesitantly, trying to decide how much I should push this. Bailey's temper is shorter than Mom's which is very short to begin with. "So-"

"Just go back to your boyfriend and your perfect life here so you can continue forgetting about the rest of us. We don't need you." He snaps, an angry look in his eye. I'm taken aback by the harshness of his words.

"Bailey-"

He stands up and shoves his hands into his pockets. "I didn't even want to fucking come today. Mom and Dad made me because that's what Walkers do; we're there for each other always." Bailey says bitterly, dragging a hand through his hair quickly. "When have you been there for me lately?"

I am fucking floored right now. What have I really been missing at home?

"I'm sorry that I'm not home. I'm sorry I don't call more, but B, I'm always here for you. I love you. I've been calling and trying, but I can't be there if you don't pick up the phone."

I stand up to try to take a step forward towards him, but Bailey shies away. "Just leave me the fuck alone. You've been pretty good at it lately."

A piece of my heart cracks because I had no idea how bad things had gotten for Bailey. This isn't the same kid I was surfing with a month and a half ago.

I sit back down for a couple of minutes trying to piece together when my brother decided he hated me so much. I know I'm hiding up here which is precisely what I now understand Bailey was doing.

I feel tears blur my vision and I sniffle, wiping my nose on the back of my hand just as Quinn decides to walk up the steps to come talk to me. His smile drops when he sees plain as day whatever fucking feelings are visible on my face because I'm at such a loss right now.

"Are you okay?" He asks, taking a seat next to me and angling himself to face me. It looks awkward with his long legs and I can't help but let out a broken chuckle.

"I'm fine Quinn. I just needed a moment." I need more than a fucking moment though.

His eyes scan my face and I want to shrink under the attention. I should get my ass up out of this chair, put myself together along with my big girl pants on and talk to my parents to get to the bottom of what's wrong with Bailey.

"Is it Henry?" He asks carefully and I shake my head.

"No. My brother, Bailey." I admit softly as Quinn reaches forward to wipe a tear I didn't know had fallen. I jerk back, remembering where we are and why anything affectionate can't happen. Quinn frowns, clearly not thinking about it. "There's photographers here." I murmur quietly and realization dawns on his face.