Thirty-Six

I let out a small sneeze, sniffling everything back up with a groan as I pull my sheets closer to my cold yet fevered body.

"My poor Baby," Clay sighs, putting another cool cloth onto my forehead, offering a tissue up to me.

I shake my head, breathing through my mouth from the congestion blocking my nose. "I wish you'd go, you're gonna catch my cold."

Clay takes my hand into his, playing with the fingers delicately. "I'm not gonna leave you while you're sick."

As he talks, the man puts my hand back down, heading for the door. "I'm gonna grab you some Vernors and medicine, okay? We'll get you better in no time."

I smile a little, seeing just how far Clay was gonna go to make me feel good again. It was heartwarming, to say the least.

☁︎︎

"Alright, we've got some meds, cold Vernors from the fridge, and Vicks for under your nose."

I sit up, and Clay puts the pill in my hand, holding out the drink. "Thank you," With a smile, I put the medicine in my mouth, swallowing it down with some of the Vernors.

"Alright, back down you go," Clay instructs, guiding me back onto the mountain of pillows, and I let out a small laugh.

Opening the Vix bottle my boyfriend takes a small bit onto his finger, rubbing it right under my nostrils, making me wanna tear up a little from the strong scent.

"Sorry baby, but it'll help with your stuffiness," He apologizes, closing the lid while wiping his hand off on his pants.

"It's fine, I get it," My voice is scratchy, and Clay doesn't do much except stand there, looking at me with a sad expression.

"Do you want cough drops? Soup? I could run and grab you anything—"

"Clay!" He stops, realizing the small rant he'd gone on. "It's okay; I'm fine. This is just a normal cold."

My boyfriend laughs, nodding his head. "I know, sorry. I'm not used to seeing you in a bad state, I feel bad cause there's nothing I can do."

My hand goes out and grabs onto Clays, his touch cool against my heated one. "Thanks for being here with me, I feel a lot better now just because of it."

In all honesty, I feel just as bad as I did a few hours ago, but it was too cute how much he was doing for me over something he couldn't control.

"Let me lay with you," He mumbles, gripping my hand.

"No, you'll get sick. I already said that," My words were supposed to be final, but Clay seemed to ignore me, letting my hand go so he could wrap around to the other side of our bed.

"I'll get comfy then," He states, plopping himself down before he comes over to lay on my chest; expression too content for me to complain.

"Clay—"

"I won't get sick, just let me be with you."

A sigh escapes, and I can't help but smile, my eyes slowly closing as I finally relax. He really is a special one, isn't he?

"When you get sick, don't come crying to me," I state with my eyes shut, knowing full well I'd treat him like a king if he were to ever get truly sick.

He buries his head against my chest further, wrapping his arms around me.

"Deal."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

My love language is snuggles and touching, okay?! I like snuggles. So my fluff book will have tons of snuggles and touching.