Thirty-Four

Clay had been locked away in our shared office for a good two hours, busy holding a meeting with some of the people he made music for, trying to sort things out.

In other words, I was bored out of my mind.

I mean, not having Clay to entertain me is like a little girl losing her favorite doll. A tragedy.

So, I of course peaked open the door a little in order to snoop, seeing him write down some stuff as another voice I didn't recognize spoke about things I didn't understand.

"And then we can think about offering—"

I block the others out, my eyes staring at only one thing. Clay.

Of course, he wouldn't look at me, because he was trying to focus, I didn't care though; just seeing him made me happier.

But there's no fun in just sitting around, so I stick my tongue out, beginning to make idiotic faces towards my other half.

He finally looks up a little, stifling a small laugh that escaped from me crossing my eyes and puffing my cheeks.

One I officially have his attention, my lips move slow as I mouth words towards the blond. 'Are you almost done?'

The smile falls a little as he offers up a sympathetic look instead, shaking his head no; I felt my shoulders droop.

Dating Clay was a dream, because I loved him and appreciated all he does for me. But sometimes it's easy to forget that he's famous, and famous people are never not busy.

It seems like we only get a day or so to ourselves every few weeks. I don't get mad about it or anything, but sometimes I wish everyone would leave him alone so he could be with me.

If it wasn't filming it was a meeting, or a song recording, or anything else he had to get done in order to hold his spot in the competitive community we call the internet.

He pays for us to live happily and comfortably, but the cost of it is a little too much for me; who just wants my boyfriend.

'Could we hang out when you're done?' I mouth, hoping he would at least be free after the call.

But he writes something down on his notepad with a sad look, holding it up out of camera sight. I squint a little to see what he'd written.

'I have to film a lore stream, I'm sorry'

I nod in understanding before walking out, shutting the door behind me quietly. It doesn't take long for me to rush upstairs to our shared bed, my face burying into Clays side of it so I could relish the scent of his pillow.

I felt tears welling up but ignore them, knowing I was being overly sensitive about something that didn't even matter.

He loves me, and that's all I need, as long as he's enjoying his dream and living to the fullest.

At least that's what I tell myself, but as I bury my head farther into my boyfriend's pillow for a sense of empty comfort while crying over the fact he hasn't been able to spend time with me in over a week, I know I'm just telling myself things.

Soon enough I've tired myself out; eyes and face sticky from drying tears as I slowly feel my body shutting down, sleep consuming my tired form.

☁︎︎

"y/n—?" Clay stops when he sees the woman's body sprawled out on their bed, her body-hugging his pillow tightly.

He sighed, catching the tear streaks on y/n's face as he gets closer. "I can't even keep you happy, huh?" He frowned, sitting down under the girl's feet so he could lean over and play with her hair gently.

y/n moves a bit, her face contorting slightly as she held the pillow closer. "Sorry... Clay..."

The man's frown seemed to deepen when he realized even her dreams were being haunted with a bad image of him.

"I'm so sorry Honey, I love you," Clay mumbled, letting her hair go so he could just sit at the end of the bed, staring blankly at the ground. "I couldn't make it in time..."

He had ended his stream a few hours early just in the hope of getting some time with y/n, but of course, he wouldn't wake her up for such a small thing.

"...Clay?" y/n mumbled in a tired voice as she slowly sat up, not being the deepest sleeper around. "Is the stream done?"

Clay smiles when he sees her waking up. "Yup, I ended early so I could get some more time with you."

The woman smiles, opening her arms as she sits properly, waking up more as time goes. Clay takes the hint; enveloping y/n in a warm hug.

"We'll get more time together soon, I promise," Clay states, meaning every word that came out of his mouth.

y/n rubs his back a little as she's finally able to relax completely, the man's presence offering her all the security she needed.

"I don't mind, Clay."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

So it wasn't the fluffiest fluff but it was a sweet one, yk? Two people trying to find the time? And snuggles?