Forty

"Do I have to go?" I question, looking over at Clay from across our shared bedroom.

He turns with a laugh, finishing the buckle to his dress pants. "Do you have to attend f/n's wedding? Of course you do, Baby."

My body slumps, and I let out a whine. "I could always just send money and hang out with them later..."

Clay rests his hands on my shoulders, rubbing them in an attempt to relax me and my nerves. "I'll be by your side the entire time. Besides; it isn't anything like Soren's wedding, you're gonna know a lot of the guests here. Including your family, so it won't be that bad."

"Mmmgm— Fine, but I expect pampering afterwards," My offer is on the table, and Clay takes it, leading me out of our room and down the stairs to grab his keys.

But before we can leave, I pause, making my boyfriend face me. "What is it—?"

My arms go up and adjust the man's tie, making sure it was positioned properly and tightened to perfection, making a very put-together Clay, a rare sight for many.

"Alright, let's go," I smile, and the blond nods, cheeks red as we step outside and get into the vehicle taking us towards our destination.

☁︎︎

"Oh! Honey!" Mom rushes for me, wrapping my body up in a hug that's quickly followed by Dad. "We've missed you! How come you didn't visit the vacation house for Christmas?"

The two let me go and I shrug. "We were gonna, but Clay and I got so busy with work; the two of us couldn't catch a break."

b/n finally appears, his phone in his face. "Can't you just bring all your electronic stuff?"

"Well yes, but Clay—"

"Never mind, I don't care," b/n quickly cuts me off and I laugh a little— that boy will never change.

I knew he wanted to seem cool in front of Clay, so I let him go from any teasing I would torture him with had my boyfriend not come.

"Alright, we've already got some designated front row seats for the whole family, so just come with us. f/n should be walking out any second now."

Upon Dad's words, our decently-sized group of people stalk into the garden, seeing how the spring flowers and breezy yet soft weather set a perfect scene.

"It's so nice out today," Clay comments with a smile, sitting on the outside of the row, putting him next to the aisle.

Everyone follows suit, lining up in the wooden fold-out chairs as we wait for familiar music to fall over our heads.

I look up to see f/n's Fiancé, and I wave a little, seeing them smile and wave back lightly. I could tell they were just as giddy for this as f/n was. How cute.

"Hey, stand," Clay whispers over, helping me up since I didn't hear the melody that had begun.

Looking back, I see the flower girl walking up, throwing petals, which is followed by the groomsman and bridesmaids; all leading up to the main attraction.

f/n themself.

I watch with a light heart as my childhood best friend comes down the aisle; their smile wide and strides even wider.

When they pass by, I nod, to which they look at me and their smile seems to grow.

But it's all over when they trip in a pulled-up piece of carpet from within the aisle; body rushing down towards the ground.

Clay quickly pushes out to hoist them up, his body falling as he does, hitting the ground roughly with a thud.

All the guests watch with wide eyes, f/n's Fiancé quickly rushing over to grab them and allow Clay to breathe.

When I see his familiar face, I'm quick to go over and make sure he's okay, seeing his emerald-eyes opening. "Clay?! Are you alright?!"

He nods, sitting up slowly while holding his head. "I think my ankle may be a little broken," The man admits, looking down at his leg only to wince when attempting to move the ankle.

"Okay, come on, we'll get you to a hospital," I state, Dad coming over to help Clay up.

"I'm so sorry y/n," f/n steps out, and I shake my head, resting a hand on their shoulder.

"No, I'm sorry. I won't be able to watch you get married, but I'm happy for you guys, and I hope it's a fulfilling and good marriage. I also wanted to say thank you for messaging Dream that day, you're the best friend a girl could ever ask for."

They hold my hand a little, before taking it off of my shoulder. "Alright, go drive your famous boyfriend to the hospital before I get emotional."

There's a small laugh as I rush off, seeing my Dad and Clay already by the car, getting him into the passenger seat.

"I've got it from here Dad, thank you," I smile, giving the man a quick side-hug before sliding into the car so I can start it up.

"Bye Kiddo, I love you!" My Father yells his goodbyes as we drive off, and I look over to see Clay wincing a bit from his legs strained position.

"You doing okay?"

He glanced over at me and offers a pained smile. "Yeah, I'll be fine. It was an instinct-thing, I should've just stayed in my seat, that way no one got hurt, and you'd be able to watch f/n get married."

I shake my head, taking a turn. "It's no worries, you're health comes before a wedding. I'll hang out with them later. Let's just focus on getting you to the hospital right now."

"I'm so lucky to have someone like you. Thanks for giving me a chance, y/n."

"Thanks for replying to your mystery messenger."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

I WILL EDIT THIS ALL I SWEAR

IT WILL BE BETTER JUST GIVE ME A MONTH OR SO

ANYWAY WELCOME TO THE END OF MY DREAM BOOK

IT ISN'T A FUN OR SHOCKING ENDING BECAUSE IT'S FLUFF AND IM NO GOOD AT THAT

(Also if you can't tell I tried to make y/n seem like the top and Dream the bottom because I'm a bitch)

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗠𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗠𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿| Dream x Fem! Reader ✔︎ 🎉