Twenty-Seven

"So where are we heading?" I question, me and Clay back in the car after riding a few more rides.

He sticks another french fry in his mouth, since we'd gotten a bucket of them on the walk back to the parking lot.

"I was thinking of the quietest place I know, my house," Clay talks casually, seeming to not care about letting me into his personal space.

I mean we've known each other for half a year, and I've been working with him for basically all of it, but still— that felt invasive.

"Are you sure? I could always just go home, I've already enjoyed my time," Yeah, good job y/n, ruin your chances of some alone time with your crush!

No wonder Soren didn't pick you, every advance he could've sent would have just been denied with the fear of bothering him.

"Of course I'm sure; it's just me and Patches. You won't be a bother at all, and I've been wanting to show you my setup. You're my editor, after all, you deserve to know how I do everything."

Clay was such a casual guy, just going through life without care. I wish I could be like him, but instead, I'm just a ball of anxiety and fear.

Opposites attract, maybe? Hopefully?

"Alright then, to your house we go," I give in, realizing that it's okay to take risks sometimes. Besides, I'm comfortable around Clay now.

Even if I still get anxious about things like his thoughts on me and how I act. Which never really goes away; not for those that can abandon me.

☁︎︎

The car stops in a driveway, and I look up to see an average house. I don't know what I expected though, some giant mansion or an entire apartment painted green?

"Home sweet home," Clay mumbled to himself, getting out of the car only to wait for me to do the same.

As soon as the car's doors are shut he locks it and heads towards his front door, letting me inside.

I step in, seeing a comfortable living room leading into a dining room. Walking further in, I can see a glimpse of a kitchen, and then there's a set of stairs as well.

"Uhm— I'll give you the tour, then we can maybe watch some movies? Nothing fancy of course," Clay offers, and I nod, still focused on all the things around me.

I was here; in the Dreams house. "Holy shit."

"Hm? Sorry, did you say something?" Clay speaks up, Patches already in his arms getting her share of pets in.

"Oh my God! The kitty!" I walk forward carefully, holding my arms out expectantly. "Please."

The man laughs, setting his cat in my grasp. "Don't be shocked when she runs, Patches isn't the most lovable ca—"

"Who's a good kitty? You're so soft Patches," It was like me and the cat had a bond almost immediately, my talking being responded to with meows.

"—ts... Okay then, moving on. This is my living area and stuff, that's the kitchen and dining room. Then around this corner is the downstairs bathroom, and the laundry room right across from it."

I'm given a quick rundown of the main floor, since everything was basically able to be pointed towards.

I follow him upstairs, Patches still in my arms as he points to a spare bedroom then another bathroom, before finally reaching what I assumed to be his room.

"Here we are; my room, also known as my recording space. I've actually been preparing to move this all to my spare room, but since I haven't done a face reveal the background doesn't really matter."

I set Patches onto the messy bed, laughing a little at how easily he showed me his bedroom. "I think it's a nice setup, considering mine back home is the same."

After my comment Clay got visibly sad, his shoulders slumping a little. "Home, yeah, I almost forgot about that part."

Seeing that he wasn't necessarily sad at me, but instead my living arrangements, I felt bad. "I'm sorry Clay, we'll hang out more over Christmas. But I actually have to get home to my friend, they were hospitalized a few days ago and haven't reached out to me..."

Reminding myself about f/n's situation saddens me, and I try to push it away, knowing that if things were overly serious someone would've gotten a hold of me.

Maybe they were just busy, or got too sidetracked with stuff like testing and healing. Is it that serious though? Thinking about it like that only made me worry more.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they aren't struggling," Clay states, offering condolences almost immediately. "Now I sound like a dick."

I shake my head quickly, shoving my arms out on instinct. "No! No! No! You're fine you've been able to distract me from worrying. I head back the day after tomorrow, and the first thing I'm gonna do is visit them... I just wish they would pick up my calls or reply to my messages."

The man across from me picks up on the saddened state quickly and grabs a thin blanket from his bed, wrapping it around me like a burrito. "Alright, off we go! Movie time! Let's watch Finding Nemo, I like Finding Nemo."

"Huh? Oh, okay," I state, not realizing the fast-paced walking I was doing since I'd been lost in my thoughts.

"Yup! Let's watch a ton of Disney movies and all that! Disney movies are happy!"

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Yummy yummy slow-moving book. We love thatttt.... And suddenly it's less like a fanfic and more like an actual book... Shocking.