Twenty-Two

"What do you mean you can't make it?!" I cry through the speaker of my phone, f/n on the other end with an apologetic tone.

"I passed out all of a sudden. I'm in the hospital right now, there's no way I can make such a big trip like this. I'm sorry, y/n."

With a small sigh, I plaster a smile on my face even though they can't see it. "It's alright, you focus on getting better, okay? Keep me updated with what's wrong."

"Will do! Oh, by the way, have you gotten on the plane yet? Our flight leaves in ten minutes."

"Yeah, I'm in the bathroom at the back of it right now so I could pick up your call," I admit, adjusting the sunglasses on my face. "But it's around now that I wanna run away."

"No running! You have to prove that he has no hold on you any longer."

☁︎︎

"Ugh, how do you even manage to come out twice in only a few months?" b/n pesters, since my parents and him had decided to stay out in Florida for thanksgiving break.

It was a vacation home for a reason, and my family used it quite often.

"Shut up. It's not like I'm here to have fun," I mumble, staring out the window as trees and people pass by my sights.

We pull into the house's parking lot and I unpack all of my belongings, the same process I'd done just a few months ago.

Looking around I pull out my phone, sliding to Dreams contact. If no one else could make me feel better, I knew he could.

Guess who's on vacationnn

Mr. World Wide??

Ha ha very funny

I spend the next few hours texting back and forth with Clay, taking my mind off everything I was going through.

But our conversation starts to get a little too comfortable, and I can tell I'm saying things that should be left unsaid.

So then he INVITES ME to his WEDDING?!

Can you believe that?!?!?

Yeah... the whole 'distraction' thing turned into a venting session that I knew I was going to start overthinking about the second I got the chance.

I mean, he must be annoyed with me dumping my issues on him like this, right? I should stop thinking like this, he's so nice about everything...

That ass!

You didn't say yes right?

Oh...

Well yeah I did

WHAT?!?

You're crazy! I could never

Laughing a little I'm suddenly reminded that my plus one is stuck in a hospital bed back home, and I get nervous all over again.

"What am I gonna do? Just go alone and tough it out? Maybe Mom or Dad will go?" I get up at those words, deciding to give it a shot as I head downstairs to my parents in the living room.

"Hey, guys?" They turn at my voice, Mom smiling a little.

"What's up, hun?"

I dawdle, hesitant to ask the question. But I'm gonna do it anyway, I need someone I know besides me. "Could one of you come to Soren's wedding with me tomorrow?"

"Soren? You mean that guy from your childhood? I haven't seen him in years, I didn't know you were still talking," Dad admits, and he wasn't wrong.

I mean, none of us have seen him in years, but it's because we don't talk... at all.

"Heh, yeah. So? What's the verdict?" I lean over the couches back, waiting for my parents to speak.

"Sorry dear, but we've got a business dinner to attend with the Hutt's tomorrow. I wish you'd told us about this all earlier, it would've been a lot easier to cancel."

My head drops, considering I was out of options. b/n isn't gonna step foot around a wedding anytime soon on my watch, and I don't really have any other friends.

"Looks like I'm flying solo..."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Still on the same page right? Good. Okay! Everyone gather around we're about to have some fun with this.