Thirty

"Clay?" I can only stare, shocked this man couldn't even shoot a text or something about this upcoming visit.

What if he doesn't like the inside of my house? Is my bathroom clean? I didn't leave anything out, right?

"y/n?" Clay responds to me in the same manner, knocking me out of my thoughts as I widen the door for him to step in.

He smiles, bringing everything he had inside only to look around. "It's nice and cozy, I like it."

"Uh, yeah. Why are you all the way out— uh, here?" I question, not meaning to sound rude; I was still in shock.

Clay looks back at me happily. "I wanted to come see you, and I knew your address! If you don't want me here, I can leave, sorry for not asking; I kinda wanted to surprise you."

Seeing his face as he tried to explain what he thought to be a nice surprise and fun trip makes me fold, a sigh escaping my lips.

"You'll have to sleep on the couch, okay?"

"Got it!" Clay cheers, dragging his luggage to rest beside the soft cushions. "You live in a nice town too; it has a lot of shops nearby."

I nod, turning the tv on for some background noise. "Would you like anything? A drink or maybe some food?"

He shakes his full head of blond hair, setting his shoes by the front door before dropping down on the couch with a relaxed sigh. "The flight here was such bullshit."

I raise a brow, deciding to sit in one of my living room's chairs, across from the couch. "What happened?"

"The security almost made me miss my flight just to check over my luggage again because I 'had a weapon' on me. It was a damn vape pen. Just to clarify, if I missed an entire flight to see you over a vape pen, I would've lost my shit."

"You vape?" I question, since neither of us ever took time to talk much about personal details of our lives.

The more major things— like family and living— were big topics for us, but smoking and dislikes just... weren't.

"Yeah, I won't do it in your house though, not without permission at least. And I won't do it around you if you can't handle smoke or anything," He states, eyes drooping only slightly. I assume he's tired after his flight and all that, so I stop talking, hoping not to keep him up.

And as I assume, within barely a minute, Clay's eyes were shut; head bobbing a little since he was still sitting up.

"What a dummy," I chuckle, getting up to grab a blanket off my couch, covering him up since my house got cold with its air conditioning. "Rest well."

With that, I go upstairs, deciding to waste some time with editing future videos. It's better to get ahead rather than just do the minimum.

☁︎︎

I finally relax in my seat, tired of focusing on the same thing for such an extended period of time. "I wonder if Clays up by now. Would he try and find me if he did?"

That question makes me stand, heading back downstairs to see Clay still knocked out. "Should I wake him up? It's getting late and he needs to be able to sleep tonight..."

"y/n..." His mumble is almost inaudible, but I pause, expecting to see Clay waking up.

"Yeah? Are you finally up?"

"Stay... With me," He continued his mumble, and I feel myself flush, walking closer to see he was still deep asleep.

"Clay, you're talking in your sleep—"

"I want you... and only—" He doesn't stop, digging himself into a deeper hole as I feel myself grow weaker, shaking from nerves alone.

"You're asleep, you don't know what you're saying," I mutter that to myself as I walk off, heading for the kitchen so I can grab one of the paper menus I got from a nearby restaurant.

Something fast like pizza or chinese would be preferable for tonight, since I don't know what he likes to eat.

"Should I wake him up and ask what he wants? Well... am I even gonna be able to face him when he wakes up?"

"y/n!" This time, his voice is a yell, and I turn around quickly to see the man sitting straight up, chest rising and falling a little too quickly.

"Clay? Are you okay?"

He looks towards me, seeing my body awkwardly standing in the kitchen with a startled expression.

Clay gets up, walking over with some speed, only to grab me and pull my body into his chest.

"You're okay..."

"Huh?"

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

We're getting thereeee! I think the books gonna be 40-50 chapters, possibly 60 if I'm on a real mission.

This book is just gonna be fluff though, I want to offer something sweet to you guys. Especially my consistent readers that have gone through the suffering of my other books.

(Sorry Karl Heisenberg readers)