Seventeen

Okay, so when me and Clay decided to start our little world of fun and games, we didn't expect it to get serious.

Nor did we expect it to make us stay up for more than twelve hours just to keep playing since neither of us had died.

Temporary truce?

We could totally build a super cool base together with all these materials

Deal

The two of us were still using the games chat to talk, and we soon get absorbed into the building portion of our world, Dream taking time to work on housing and storage; while I take time to work on protection and farming.

☁︎︎

Okay

For real now we should take a break

Yeah I agree

It's been like... how long has it been?

Idk I'm just as lost as you

There's a small bit of laughter from me as I say bye and sign out, relaxing back in my chair feeling... shockingly content.

My anxiety didn't really bug me once I got into the zone, and spending so much time with Clay only made me more comfortable with him.

I mean, of course, now that it's over I wonder if I annoyed him at any point, but that isn't something I need to worry about.

Instead, I pick up the phone and open mine and Clay's messages to see a new text from a minute-or-so ago.

Want me to give you my Discord and phone number?

You know, in case you decide to call me someday?

I'd never judge you for something you can't control

His messages are sweet, and I feel my stomach get butterflies, not being able to control my happiness all that well.

I remember a few hours ago how I'd been trying to prevent something like this, but I messed up.

Ignoring him now just felt like ignoring a friend. And I don't ignore friends.

Sure!

I'd love to have both

But I'm not calling youuu

I don't think twice about my response before going downstairs to grab some water, coming back to a few messages.

Fineeee

But here ya go!

He sends over the phone number and Discord name, allowing me to shoot him a text with normal messaging while also giving him a friend request through the Discord app used a lot by YouTubers for its voice-call feature.

I wait a few minutes before seeing that he accepted my request and also responded to my first message.

It's y/n

It's Clay 😐

His response is obviously mocking me, and I roll my eyes a little before laying down on my bed, typing a final message before getting some much-needed sleep.

I'm taking a nap so gn

I should probably do the same...

Gn

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

What's this? Their first goodnight message to each other? Well, 'gn' message. That's what I call DYNAMIC CHARACTERS YALL!

...hell yeah