Nine

Stuck in a car beside my awkwardly silent family wasn't helping with the anxiety from my previous embarrassment, so I take out my phone, seeing a small crack in the corner of it from the fall.

I don't think much of it though, since I have a screen protector. Instead I go to Instagram subconsciously, finding myself at a set of familiar messages.

Uhm...

Why... Why did I do that?! I should just text f/n, they'd be the better option anyway!

So... why go right to Dreams account?!

Hey! What's up?

His response is faster than I think it'll be and I jump, making my brother look over to me with a raised brow.

"What? You wanna say something?" I grumble, hiding my screen away.

He laughs, shaking his head. "Nope. If you're reading smut, that isn't my business."

I roll my eyes and go back to the message, not really knowing what to respond with. Sending the first text was a mistake, and now I felt trapped.

I was gonna delete it, but now he's responded. If I ignore him and delete it he'll start to say things about me... maybe even fire me!

Yeah, there's no way I can totally ignore him now that it actually matters what I say.

When do I start?

I decide to talk about the job, feeling that it would take my mind away from public humiliation if only for a second.

I was hoping as soon as possible.

Sadly I've got a small stockpile of vids waiting to be edited cause I never got around to it

So what time is good for you?

The whole point of this trip was to get away from stuff like editing, but could I consider this a special circumstance?

I mean it's not everyday you work with such a big name.

Besides, I brought my laptop and all that. Even a wireless mouse since I didn't like the way you had to work so hard to use the pad.

Reckon, I'd only brought it for gaming, but it doubled as an editing device.

My computer at home would be far faster, but if I put a little more effort in, my laptop work will end up just as good.

I can start tomorrow if you need

Maybe kick out a vid or two

I smile, leaning back in my seat a little when I realize that talking to Dream about the schedule had helped me.

And now that I'm in a better headspace, I can rationalize that I'll never see any of those people from the restaurant again.

I mean, I'm not even a native to Orlando Florida, so chances are slim I'll come across them.

Of course, it was still more nerve wracking than most of the situations I've been in lately, but it'll be fine.

Mom parks the car and we all start to file out, heading inside to get ready for whatever we're all gonna do.

b/n heads up to his room, and Dad goes out to the pool, while Mom walks towards the living room.

I guess we're not gonna talk about what happened. I assume it's them trying to not make me remember it, so I smile, trailing up to my own room so I can grab the laptop and start editing.

The phone in my hand vibrates a few times and I know Dream is texting me back, so before I respond or read it I make sure to be ready on my bed with the electronics necessary for the job.

Really? That's great!

I'll send you some manhunt vids that I gotta get out soon

Thank you!

I send my email info and he sends his, some footage being shared so I could open them up and start my job.

It seems like a form of therapy; Being able to edit through my stress.

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Heyo! I made a chapter! That's pretty cool of me ngl. Anyway I don't know when these people are gonna meet for real. Like talk kind of thing.

Maybe I'll do a time skip?