Fourteen

With a bag of candles and nerves made of flimsy plastic, I walk out of the convenience store, looking around to see no sign of Clay. He must still be in there.

"I guess we finally split up for the day."

I begin the same walk I'd taken to get here, seeing smaller details that I hadn't the first time, since I was too focused on not messing up around the Florida-born man.

It was a very serene path to say the least, the road too narrow to fit more than one lane of cars, and a fresh smell in the air from a lack of surrounding industry.

I liked it.

☁︎︎

Walking into the houses door, I'm met with a bustling house, Mom throwing pans from the cabinets to the stove and then to the sink in almost a rhythmic fashion as she cooked.

All while Dad diced up vegetables, tossing them into Moms pots and pans.

"Uhm, are you two okay?" I wasn't used to them trying to cook so fast, and honestly, I was worried they'd hurt themselves.

"Huh? Oh, honey you're back home! We're making a goodbye dinner for you since you've gotta go home tomorrow!"

My Mom was obviously sad, but it was nice to see her getting so excited to make special dinners for me again.

While growing up, me and b/n would get 'special dinners' for big occasions, but after I left, Mom couldn't do them for me anymore.

"Help..." Dad on the other hand looked like he'd been dragged into the situation, beads of sweat building on his face.

I laugh a little; totally ignoring my Fathers distress as I head upstairs to my room so I can stuff the candles I'd just bought into my suitcase.

I doubt they'd make my stuff too heavy for baggage, so there isn't really any harm in it.

When I'm finally done, I lay on my bed, looking to see my phone in the same place it was left. Shockingly enough, I hadn't even realized that it was forgotten.

I guess Clay had distracted me from my thoughts a bit, which I'm thankful for. I mean, I feel terrible for not responding— to uhm... The other Clay, but it was necessary so I didn't get attached.

However, when I turn it on and see all the notifs, I really start to feel terrible. So terrible, in fact, that I go to the messages so I can finally respond.

Why don't we play some Mc together?

Do you have the game? I never did ask

Those were his immediate responses from our conversation; but about ten minutes ago, he sent some more.

Is everything okay?

I could tell he didn't want to feel too persistent, but it was obvious he was growing concerned. Which was understandable, I hadn't responded after all.

It kind of reminds me of the other Clay, how he... no...

It can't be. Right?

I immediately go to Google, typing in some stuff that I hadn't really wanted to. Of course I'd thought about looking up things on Dream, but it felt invasive.

After texting him for the first time, I made a silent promise with myself that I'd wait for Clay himself to tell me about his personal life.

But it was an emergency right now.

'Dream mcyt'

I click on the first page to pop up and read through it; seeing things I already knew, like his name and age, but also stuff I hadn't really paid any mind to.

Like him living in Orlando Florida... and having blond hair with green eyes.

So when I told him my name, he must've felt the same way I did when he told me his. The two of us had both assumed it was a coincidence?

And now it was too late to ask, not that I would anyway. Surely Clay had gotten home by now from the store though? Either that or he was still there.

But I wouldn't check, I was too nervous. I mean, what if I'd made a bad impression?

Well obviously I made a bad first impression, considering I knocked him down in a restaurant.

I'll just have to keep this as a secret to myself. Besides, he can't look anything up on me, since I'm not some type of influencer for the internet to enjoy.

But the more I thought on it, the hotter my cheeks got. I mean, I'd just been face-to-face with my crush... multiple times.

I'd gotten hugged by him too! Even if it was an attempt at making sure neither of us fell against the concrete.

And one thought stayed in my mind.

He was cute.

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Oh whatever will we do! poor y/n has to go home and all that. Not cancel her flight back home. Not go and find Clay.

No.

She must leave without seeing him again.

I'm pointing out my own plot holes. It's called lamp shading and it makes me feel better, have mercy on my soul T^T