Chapter One

Chapter One

Louis' POV

"Lou? You want some tea?" Liam's voice called to me.

I shook my head and stared at the wall, it had been almost twenty-four hours and I hadn't had anything to eat or drink, I didn't plan on it either. Harry had been unconscious since the previous night, he hadn't even opened his eyes, but he was alive. We were all currently in the hospital waiting room along with Harry's familly, we had all come and gone over the past twenty-four hours, but I hadn't left once. Eleanor tried to get me to, but I just couldn't, my best friend almost died.

I don't wanna think about all the details right now, how I found Harry laying in the bathroom, in a pool of his own- No. I can't let myself think about that, I had to think about other things, like Harry getting better, I knew he would. Harry is strong, or at least I think so, I'm just so confused right now about everything. I did't know what to think, I needed to talk with someone, but I was scared out of my mind.

I was the first person to arrive at Harry's house, I hadn't told the boys yet why I was there, I was trying not remember it all. But maybe, if I think about everything that happened, I would feel better about it. But the thought scared me to death, we could have lot Harry, I was just thankful he called me. When Harry had called, he didn't actually say what he was gong to do, I couldn't understand half of it.

It turns out Harry had a high count of alcohol in his system, but not enough to not know what he was doing, I just didn't know what to think anymore. I held my face in my hands, resting my elbows on my knees, trying to clear my head. I felt a gentle hand on my back and jumped, looking up at the person next to me, Anne. Poor Anne, she was so upset when she got here, but she kept it together well enough.

"Are you alright, Louis? You haven't drank, Harry wouldn't like finding out his best friend wasn't eating or drinking." She said softly and sat next to me, holding out a cup of tea.

"Thank you, Anne." I whispered, taking the tea from her. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine dear, don't worry about me." She said softly and looked down. I took a sip of the tea and felt it soothe my dry throat. "Thank you, Louis. If you hadn't shown up-"

"Don't Anne, I don't need thanked." I told her and gave her a hug, not wanting her to think about what could have happened.

Anne nodded and gave a free hand a gentle squeeze, she gave me a small smile before she went to go sit with Gemma, who was quite shaken up about everything. I heard the waiting room door open and looked up, Niall came in bundled up in a coat and scarf, his face bright red. He looked like he had walking outside, which was a bit silly, it was below freezing outside. I raised an eyebrow and watched him, Niall removed his jacket and sat next to Zayn, letting out a sigh.

"Got it cleaned up... Bloody fucking cat." Niall muttered and lifted up his sleeve, three large scratches that looking angry and red "Look what it did to me! I was only trying to feed him!"

I looked at Niall and chuckled softly, everybody knows not to touch Morrssey, he likes to claw people. Niall glared at me and rolled his sleeve down, I was the one who helped Harry pick out the name, he seemed to like it a lot. The cat on the other hand, not so much, I didn't understand way he just didn't take it back already.

I sipped on my tea and leaned back in my seat, trying to relax, Harry had to wake up soon. Right? Harry had a good chance of waking up, but we hadn't spoken to the doctors much, they were running a bunch or tests. I didn't understand it, they wouldn't let us sit with him, maybe he'd wake up if he knew someone was there.