Act 65

No one's p.o.v.

With neo falling into the void, y/n saw red. Snapping his fingers, his swarm of kryll came to his aid. He grid his teeth, but very slowly calmed down.

Y/n: "there is still a connection to her, it's weak but its there, meaning she's alive. I can't use the troika either, ore the bullet rain is gonna hit civilians."

While he collected himself, He noticed everyone around him was already engaging in a fight with the fall maiden. Surprisingly to y/n however, they were struggling as a group of 4 against her.

Helmet out a screech and pointed his finger at cinder which was the signal to the kryll to attack rather than protect.
The carnivorous beasts flew at cinder at great speed and started to eat away at her Aura. However she quickly averted further damage by using flames to protect her.

Y/n: "My kryll may have a resistance to the sun, but flames are a different story...i can't risk having her kill them all..."

The kryll retreated and the king send them away for safety. He formed a fist and activated the gauntlet Maxis gave him. He was about to fire at cinder when he heard a scream.
Looking to the side he saw Yang was pushed over the edge and falling into the void by an explosion caused by Cinder. Blake's ribbon wasn't long enough to reach her, which made Blake and Ruby break down.
Enraged, she wildly attacked Cinder only to be pushed back repeatedly and made penny come back, trying to fight cinder.

The king of the horde opened his fist, and using the ice dust crystal in his glove, formed a lance made of ice which he threw at cinder like a Javelin, hitting her square in the back. However cinder being cinder, she used more dirty tricks and fired a volly of explosive blades at civilians who just entered the centeral location.
Weiss got there as fast as she could to block the explosions, but she took the blunt of the attack, cracking her Aura, leaving her weakened.
While penny and cinder continued with their Arial combat, y/n again tried using a Lance. However this time, cinder was moving to fast for a precise shot, and he didn't want to risk penny flying into its trajectory.

Once again, he grid his teeth. Back in sera he wouldn't have given this a second though and just pulled out his handheld troika to mow her down. And locust that were unfortunate enough to be caught in the King's crossfire were always already willing to die for the horde. This time however? They aren't from the horde. He can't just mow them down without a care. He doesn't want to unnecessarily hurt or kill any innocent bystanders or even....friends.

Y/n: "so...this is what it feels like to be...powerless for once. "

As penny landed near the exit toward Vacuo with Weiss and the staff of creation, cinder attacked once more, only to be kicked to the side by Blake, telling Weiss to get up, which she did. Ruby, finally back to her senses, joined the fight, but sadly for her, her crescent rose was to slow to use against a nimble opponent, Wich results in her getting pushed back and kicked multiple times, cracking now her Aura.
And as Weiss went to look after her, cinder detonated an Explosion below the two but only Weiss got hit since she pushed Ruby out, resulting in her Aura being broken.

However trough the force of the detonation, Ruby was pushed off the platform onto a lower one and hanging by it's pathway, while also loosing her weapon to the void. Cinder seeing this, pushed Blake and penny back using her flames, to fly down and grabbing the staff.

Before she could hit Ruby's hand and send her falling down, y/n had enough and ran towards her, firing his turret from the hip. Some bullets hit her, damaging her Aura, but the rest was blocked by a shield she made of fire. That fire soon extended and slightly burned Ruby's hand, making her pull her hand back out of reflex, resulting in her falling.