Act 64

No one's p.o.v.

The plan was simple, one team, namely Emerald, Oscar, Jaune, Ren, Neo, Nora, Siviks and now, with the help from Weiss' Sister Winter, are going to distract and take Ironwood out of the equation while Qrow, Marrow and Robyn take care of the bomb.

Meanwhile Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang as well as Y/n are heading towards the Vault to get the staff of creation to create Portals to a central location to send the atlas Survivors close to the outskirts of Vacuo since that is where the next relic is going to be. Everyone must evacuate since creating something new with the staff makes whatever was created before that obsolete, meaning atlas will fall.

Once in Vacuo, Y/n with his locust will open the long ago prepared E-Hole and initiate emergence day in Vacuo where the refugee's will take the tunnels towards the ever expending Locust kingdom below the surface, while the group makes their way towards Vacuos academy for the next relic.

What the group couldn't have anticipate however, was that someone was listening on while said plan was being made.

The first half of the plan went well, the group quickly overpowered Ironwood and threw him into a cell next to Weiss' Father.

Before the second group could make the portals however, they had to make sure Penny doesn't terminate after opening the vault. Which they now stood in front of.

Y/n: " Siviks, i want you to scout out the control area of Atlas, i have a feeling that Salem's puppets are having a bit of an....internal conflict, and i want you to get the rat that specializes in technology to the outpost, alive. He might be useful in the future."

Siviks: "yes my lord, as you wish."

Once he was back to himself, he noticed that time around him and the girls stood still. Since outside, penny, was holding her head, but nothing happened. From within the staff, a large, muscular man appeared and stretched quite a bit.

Ambrosious: "Ahhh, it seems like someone has come to engage my creative wiles! All i say is it better be worth it after my last project...a floating city? How pedestrian."

Y/n: "Now that is something i wasn't expecting..."

Ruby: "hi, uhm...mister ambrosious, sir. Listen...it's about our fried, she's...she's dying."

Ambrosious: "I'm going to assume you know it's against the rules for me to bring people back from the dead sooooo."

Y/n: "Well it also isn't what we want you see... She isn't just your run of the mill girl."

With a small wink and a surpriseed face from the spirit, he flew over to penny and inspected her with a magnifying glass before turning back to the group after he realized the virus eating away at her and clarifying he's giving them exactly what they ask for. Weiss then pulled out her scroll showing ambrosious the schematics of Penny.

Ruby: "We want you to create a new version of her, using her Existing Robotic parts."

Ambrosious: "That was....curiously worded girl."

Ruby: "An exact copy of her would include the virus, and exact copy of her WITHOUT the virus would cease to exist the moment you create something new. And we kinda want to keep her around longer than that."

A small smirk formed on y/n face. One that is both proud and satisfied with Ruby

Y/n: "I must give Ruby credit for finding that loophole. Since the Spirits apparently aren't allowed to kill or bring people back from the dead, He has to do something with the soul that will be left over after he creates the new body of penny without the soul, but with the virus. And since he can't just toss it away, aka, kill her, he has to creat a body for the girl to keep her alive while the robot body with succumb to the virus...she's way cleverer than some give her credit..."

After some waving with his arms and a bright bright light at the entrance, ambrosious only winked, smiled and disappeared into the staff once more after saying "it's done!".

Back at the entrance, there now stood two Penny's. One clearly mechanical, and one more human. The mechanical one quickly started st spark and malfunction before breaking down and eventually shutting down, while the real penny was happy to still be around and quickly went around hugging everyone present.

Penny: "Do hugs always make you feel the warm inside?"

Ruby: "Yes."

Penny: "Woooow."

Weiss then shook the staff a bit and ambrosious revealed himself once more, ready to create.

Yang: "Let's try the quick version. Can you...make a bunch of doorways in Atlas that open up to a single point in Vacuo?

Ambrosious: "Sure, I'll just need: Coordinates and specs for each door, an explanation for bending space and time for the much greater tragic on one side aaand the single point of exit on the other."

Weiss: "Okay that's about what we expected. So, we need to funnel everyone through a central location first To a one way ticket to Vacuo"

Y/n: "he's going to take that "one way ticket" serious Weiss, why did you say that!"

Ambrosious: "You're gonna have to tell me more about that central location of yours first.....for starters, where is it?"

Y/n: "How about a plane like these Vaults? They seem to exist outside of this planet within their own time. Would make a pretty good central location of you ask me."

Ambrosious: "You all are either smarter or much more foolish than you realize. I need a reference?"

Weiss once again pulled out her scroll with the coordinates for each door thanks to her brother and he quickly started to work with his hands to create said doors all around atlas.

Ambrosious: "Well everything seems to be in order. You...were quite thorough. However one finally warning before I go..do not fall

As the spirit disappeared, The group entered the portal and was met with a vast nothingness and a lot of doorways that funnel trough multiple pathways to Vacuo.
They quickly noticed a few doorways were already used and people were making their way towards the lathed door that leads to Vacuo. Nora and jaune were already going from door to door while Oscar, Ren and emerald just passed trough the Vacuo doorway as well as the first refugee's.
Neo was currently walking over the central platform towards her adoptive father who smiled at the ice cream themed girl.
Everything seems to go smoothly, until a large explosion erupted in the center, sending multiple refugee's over the edge into the void, and among the ones pushed off, was neo, who was falling with a scared and shocked face.

Y/n: "NEOOOOOOO!!!

before he could do anything however, neo disappeared into the void below. All that was now left in Y/n eyes was pure, anger mixed with hatred once he saw the culprit Cinder Fall with a smirk on her face.

Y/n: " You...I will rip you limb for limb and feed you to the Wretches and Ticker alive for what you did! You will die by my hands!

_______________________________________________

A/n

Yeah, next chapter is the last one until volume 9, till then, can i interest you in another of my books?

Like the destiny franchise And RWBY?
"May the light he your guide" is currently the second book i actively write on.

Or would you prefer a view from the black side of the coin in RWBY?
"remnants Bounty hunter" is the book I'm working on after this one is paused till the next volume.

Or would you prefer DxD or Akame ga kill? Maybe even kill la kill? All here on my profile if you so choose. :D