Act 60

_______________________________________________

The people who were sheltered within the hollow as well yang and the others who were about to head out again to gather stragglers to send to the E-Hole were growing increasingly worried at the continues earthquake that was seemingly growing stronger and stronger by the minutes.

Yang: "Aren't you worried at all about this
Y/n?!"

The armor wearing King looked at Yang with a smile.

Y/n: "Not at all, it just means the High priest is close. And he brought a Worm."

On queue, A massive reaver like Creature flew past everyone and landed near the main entrance to the Tunnels.
The Kantus atop jumped down and chanted which immediately made the earthquake stop. Y/n and the small group made their way to the newcomer.

Y/n: "It is good to see you again High Priest Taniks. You seem well."

Taniks: "Haha! I am. And i brought a Riftworm. He's yours to command as you see fit sire."

Y/n: "Excellent. With you here, you know what-"

Taniks: "Command the Reaver squads to victory against these black creatures and their leader. I won't fail you Sire."

Y/n: "Good, keep the creatures at bay for the time being until you receive other instructors."

Taniks: "Yes Sire."

He jumped back onto his Hydra and with a mighty roar it started to fly out of the cave and onto the battlefield to meet up with the other flying units.

Ren: "What...is a Riftworm?"

Y/n: "An Ace up my sleeve in case Salem has one."

With that being all the info they got, Ren, Yang, Jaune and Oscar made their way toward a place Pietro pointed them where they could find some equipment hes been working on.
That's when neo tugged on Y/n hand. He looked down at her.

Neo: "Is there a way i can help? i...want to prove them that i mean them no harm."

Y/n: "Well....you can go with them. I'm sure your semblance can help them out somehow."

He smiled at Neo while petting her head. she was happy that Y/n pet her head again after so long but she quickly looked at him with a face full of determination.

Neo: "I will! I think i can catch up to them! I'll make you proud y/n!"

She quickly dashed out of the entrance to follow the group.

Y/n: "I know you will my little ice cream scoop...i know you will."

Neo p.o.v.

As i parted from Y/n with one last hug, i quickly made my way after the 4. They had a small head start, but i eventually caught up to them. They all looked at me with questioning Eyes, Especially Yang.

Yang: "What are you doing here Neo?"

I quickly took out my scroll to type seeing as i can't really do with them what i can do with Y/n and Myrrha.

Neo: "I'm here to help your group out."

Yang: "We are pretty capable as is, we dont-"

Jaune: "Yang, there's no harm in her being here..."

Yang: "Well, but.."

Neo: "I want to prove to you all....and especially you Yang...That i mean no harm to any of you. Please, just let me help."

The group was already decided to let me tag along thanks to Jaune, But i want Yang to accept me given the incident on the Train back under Mountain Glenn.

Yang: "Fine, you can tag along Neo. But I'll still keep an eye on you."

Neo: "Hehe, please do ;D"

She only gave me a deadbeat face after the message and we continued on our way to what seemed like an old garage.

Ren: "Am i the only one who thinks we are being followed?"

Neo..."Knowing Dad, he send someone to shadow protect us..."

Back in the cave, just after neo leaving
no one p.o.v.

Y/n: "Varix."

From the shadows, the Elite sniper uncloaked himself as he stepped into the Light.

Varix: "Follow children? Yeeeeah?"

Y/n: "Keep and eye on them, and their backs free. Report anything that seems out of the ordinary."

The Sniper nodded and vanished in the shadows once more to his assigned mission. Y/n decided to radio of of the Happy huntresses that was managing Evacuation for anyone still out there.

Y/n: "Fiona, are you receiving?"

Fiona: "I hear you! What's up? Anything new?"

Y/n: "A group of 5 is coming to your area soon, probably with strangling civilians. Have them stay with you till they are well enough to be escorted to the E-Hole. They want to help, so if have a place they need to be tell them."

Fiona: "Alright, thanks for the heads up!"

Y/n:"good...Kridis, Keep things running here, I'll be personally making a patrol route."

Kridis: "Yes my Lord."

With a quick whistle, Redrix was back to his feet and y/n hopped onto his trusty Reaver to fly a patrol route for any large Straggling Grimm threats in The still evacuating mantle.

TimeSkip, about an hour...

The few larger Threats that were there were quickly cleaned up by a few shots from The Reaver mounted turrets and Boomshots, no need to get up close and personal so far.
As he was on his way back to the outpost, Varix called for his king...

Varix: "My lord, A Grimm is taking Oscar with it to the Whale!"

Y/n: "Then shoot it Varix!"

Varix: "It's...dodging my bullets."

Y/n: "It's.....what?!" I'm coming."

Varix: "My lord, Your daughter and the others are also chasing her.

Y/n bit his tongue and quickly flew to where he sensed Neo and Varix. Sadly he saw the creature was already way ahead of them so that even Redrix couldn't catch up before they were in enemy territory. He landed and saw that their bikes were scrapped. He knows he can't bring them all with him on Redrix back. He landed near the group and questioned what happened.

Jaune: "It was different..."

Y/n: "in what way?"

Ren: "When we tried to shoot it, it used Oscar as a shield. And..."

Jaune: "When ren said it should give Oscar back,...it ...answered with a 'No'."

Y/n: "Interesting...it appears Salem is getting experimental with grim and has managed to give this one intelligence somehow...for now, we must make our way back. Sadly i can't fit all of you onto Redrix. Varix will stay with you and help where he can. It's soon nightfall, so you must find shelter. I will regroup with Maxis and Kridis to see what next step we....i will take."

Varix: "i keep them safe. Yes."

Y/n nodded and quickly flew back to the outpost to meet up with Maxis and Kridis.

Y/n: "starting to play your cards huh Salem...things will turn in my favor Eventually....it's only a matter of time..."

_______________________________________________

A/n

Hope the chapter was alright, writing with an ear infection is a bit annoying, but i wanted to get a chapter for this story out so yeah, hope you still enjoyed it!