As she gazed at Miranda, she squeezed her lips together. Her mother's icy blue eyes soothed her a little, because Miranda's eyes were a work of magic for her, for everytime she looked at them, she feels better and safer.

"Can you tell me what I need to do?" She eventually obeyed and asked.

"Get into something comfortable and put this cloak on."

She nodded and took Miranda's cloak in her hands, changing into them. Miranda brought her through the back of the house after she was finished, and the two of them got into the car. Miranda began driving at a speed that terrified her as she sat next to her.

"Mom, please drive slowly," she pleaded as she clung to her seatbelt.

Miranda cursed as she peered in the rearview mirror. "Damn, we're being followed."

"I'm really baffled by everything that's going on- mom! You were so close to hitting the car!" She screamed.

Miranda let out a sigh. "I'm so sorry, Evie."

"Sorry? Why? What are you apologizing for?"

Miranda locked her gaze on her, and she locked her gaze on Miranda. Her eyes were cloudy and foggy as she stared into them, and she also experienced a vision of a car crashing with another automobile. Miranda shook her head and looked away from her.

"What-" the automobile they were in collided with another car before she could even complete her remark.

As a result of the effect of the catastrophe that had just occurred, she could feel the pain in her body. Her vision was blurry, but she could see a birdlike woman outside the car. She could also feel liquid dripping down on her head and it felt hot.

As she closed her eyes, the words "I'll come back Eve, I promise you that." Lingered in her mind

Clementine opened her eyes to find her chest rising and falling as she caught her breath and sweat dripping down her body. She stared at the white ceiling above her since it was the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes.

"It was just a dream," she muttered, closing her eyes once more. "But that dream is mom's death."

She sat up on the bed and opened her eyes. She then stopped and looked around, realizing she was in a different place. She also noticed an IV line connected to her wrist.

"Where the heck am I?" As she rubbed her head, she wondered aloud.

She looked at herself and she was dressed in black silk pajamas. She got up from her bed and took the IV line with her as she looked around the room. When she looked out the window, all she saw was blackness; it was already night.

"Is this the afterlife?" She laughed. "No, I'm not dead. In the afterlife, there are no IV lines."

She moved her gaze around the room once more, finally noticing the subtleties. The room she was in was quite large, and it was decorated in mint green and white colors. There was also a bed with black sheets in the room which she was sleeping in, and there were three doors, one of which was a two-door, which intrigued her. Her jaw fell as she approached the two doors and opened them; inside was a walk-in closet. She shut the door and proceeded to the next door, which she discovered was a restroom; she then proceeded to the other door, which she opened to see a dimly lighted hallway.

She exited the room and shut the door behind her. She walked into the hallway and noticed gardenias in the vases she passed by, which brought a smile to her face because those were her mother's favorite flowers. She came to a halt as she came to a marble staircase, where she debated whether or not to descend, but she did so anyway, leading her into a dimly illuminated foyer.