Ch. 22

[ HUNTER ASSOCIATION, GO GUN-HE OFFICE]

"Hi grandpa! I come again!"

Go Gun-he sighed. He doesn't know what to do with this little girl. At last, he knew that she doesn't want to hurt him or others.

"I don't remember having a grandchildren."

"Well, you remind me of my grandfather so its just slip out every time... Hmm... Maybe I'm homesick or something. After all I don't have a family anymore."

"Oh... My apologies..."

"Don't sweat it! I used to being alone now. More importantly, what's your answer? Will you accept my offers?"

The old man looked at the girl with pity. But couldn't just answer when he don't even know the details.

"More precisely what will I get and what do you want?"

"I will protect the Korean hunters in the Jeju island in exchange you search a way to destroy my body and soul."

"...... Why would you want to disappear, if I can ask."

Y/n took a sit and looked down then made eye contact with the old man accompanied by a mournful smile.

"To protect my loved ones."

Go Gun-he looked at the young lady with surprise. He didn't expected such a heavy answer.

"I'm sure you have people that's really close to you and you would die in their place. I'm not different. It just that... As you already noticed I know the future events to some extent and if that info leaked out my whole existence becomes a threat to them. To me you're the 2. most important person in this world and I know you're trustworthy, so I told you this much. Please help me. "

Y/n bowed her head as deeply as she could leaving the old man speechless.

".... What about number one? Is that the person you love? "

"........"
"...Yes..... I love him so madely that if I don't hold my feelings back I might as well stay by his side. But.... he will marry a good girl and even have a son in the future. I don't want to destroy other people happiness in exchange of mine. So... I ask you one more time. Please... Please help me disappear. "

[ HALF A HOUR LATER ]

" The plan executes in 4 days, we will go to Jeju island and exterminate the ants. But to do that, we will need hunter Sung Jin-woo's help. Recovering Jeju island is every citizen's wish. Would you please help us? "

... There're tons of hightest-grade monsters, so I would normally go to level up, but...
"... I... "

Jin-woo eyes got widened from the sudden rise of energy in the area.

...A mana wave?!...

"Did something happen?"

"Not really.... But it seems that nearby hunters are fighting."

"Hahahahaha, your intuition is good. To feel that from this distance. Right now, S rank hunters should be warming up in the gym. Are you talking about that?"

"S rank hunters?"

"Yes, since there are only 4 days left until the raid. Goto Ryuji and other S rank hunters are there."

"Goto Ryuji.... Could it be..?.. Even if you are not a hunter, you should have heard about japan's most powerful hunter."

"Ah, that Goto Ryuji, yes. Would you also like to go to the gym?"

[ HUNTER ASSOCIATION, GYM]

As everyone knows they fought one on one then in a 4 members group. Y/n was curious and she asked Go Gun-he if she could come so she went in her dog form with the two man. Of course Jin-woo wasn't surprised.
Naturally some hunter asked about her but Go Gun-he said she his dog and the conversation about her ended there.