t e n

(Hyekook chapter)

HYEJOO + JUNGKOOK GO TO SCHOOL.

2013

[In 2013, Hyejoo and Jungkook both went to the same high school

[In 2013, Hyejoo and Jungkook both went to the same high school. In 2014, Hyejoo transitioned to online school since she felt like she could focus more on being and idol by doing so.]

Ding. Ding.

I tiredly blinked my eyes open, looking around my dark room. I had been in the dorms for over a year, yet I was still getting used to living in it.

I began hearing shuffling coming towards my door. I quickly realized it was Jungkook, and I had no sudden reaction to when he just randomly opened my door only to stand there with a dopey look on his face.

"I don't want to go to school today," He sighed, holding his school uniform jacket close. His doe-like eyes twinkled as he turned on my bedroom light.

I knew exactly why he didn't want to go to school- He was nervous. Both of us were, actually. We had debuted just a few months ago, and ever since then, people looked at us odd.

It wasn't a,

"Oh, look at them! They debuted recently and they look cool!" Type of looks. It was more of a,

"Oh, look at them. Those are the weirdos that tried to debut a few months ago."

The rest of the members didn't have to worry about that since they take school online. I've thought about doing online school here and there, but I'd hate to leave Jungkook all alone at the school.

"It's okay, Jungkook. I don't want to go either," I said, swinging my legs off the side of my bed. "But we have to go."

I walked over and adjusted his uniform, making sure all the buttons were turned evenly before smoothing it out for him. Sometimes I enjoyed acting like his mother despite being younger than him.

"Wait for me at the door. Let's walk together today."

"But don't we walk together everyday?"

"Yeah, but... Just go wait at the door," I spoke, shooing him away before beginning to get ready.

"And... Done."

I stared at myself in the mirror, not feeling pretty at all. Maybe I was used to seeing myself in baggy hip hop clothes and not some preppy school uniform.