Φ Chapter 5 五 Φ

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Sumire Street District, Yukihira Diner | 7:43 AM

It was a beautiful and uneventful day at the Sumire Street. Birds were chirping, stray cats were playing, and the peaceful silence of the empty street makes it all wonderful for relaxation.

You were then seen sleeping peacefully in the guest room of the Yukihira Diner. On the other hand Soma was dozing off on a stool in a very awkward position.

After awhile, Your [E/C] eyes slowly fluttered open, as you let out a yawn, You then slowly sit up as you rubbed the sleep off your eyes and slowly stood up and stretched.

You then look out the window only to be greeted by the empty street of Sumire District. Seeing this, you quietly went out the room to see Soma sleeping on a stool with what looked like an uncomfortable position.

'How does he even sleep like that?' You said in your thoughts as you walked over to him and pick him up like a sack of potatoes and laid him down on the couch and placed a blanket over him.

'I can't believe he slept through that.. He must be really tired.' You then walk into the kitchen hoping to stir up some breakfast, As you were looking through the pantry room, You noticed how emptied it looked, There was barely anything in there, only some wheat flour, sugar and some yeast. Then you walk over to the fridge looking at each thing.

'Hmmm, Eggs, Butter... some lemons, avocadoes, cherry tomatoes.. And milk?' You thought as you took the bottle and checked if it was still good to use. After knowing it was good to use, You went back into the pantry and grabbed the wheat flour, sugar ans yeast. Then you re-opened the fridge and took the thick cuts of bacon from the freezer.

'Perfect!.. I'll make that.' You said in your thoughts as you warmed the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, Then removed it from the heat and mixed in the sugar, Then kept stirring until it dissolved. Then you let it cool down until it was in room temperature. Then in a small bowl, You dissolved yeast in in warm water for about 10 minutes.

Then in a large bowl, you combined the milk, yeast mixture, shortening and some cups of flour. Then you mixed it until it became smooth. Then you added salt and enough flour to make a soft dough as you started kneading it. After that you placed the dough in a greased bowl, covered it, and let it rise.

'Punch down. Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick.. Sounds easy enough.." You thought as you did so. Next you cut rounds with drinking glass since the place didn't really have a biscuit cutter. Then you sprinkled parchment paper with cornmeal and set the rounds on rhe tray leaving it to rise. After letting it rise for some time, You dusted the tops of muffins with cornmeal aswell and covered it and let it rise for another 1/2 hour.

After about half an hour, You heated a greased griddle. Then cooked the muffins for about 10 minutes with each side on medium heat. After doing so, You then slice the english muffin in half and spread some butter on it as you let it toast.

Then you set a skillet over the stove, heating it up then adding a small amount of butter, As the butter melted, You then added the strips of thick bacon as you cooked it until both sides had a beautiful color.

You then take out two plates and placed an equal amount of english muffins with each plate as you added the crispy bacon on each bread. Then on another pot of boiling water, You added salt and vinegar as you stirred it and made a whirlpool as you then cracked some large eggs into the water, Poaching it.

After setting the eggs over the crispy bacon, You then started working on the sauce, You then placed egg yolks and some teaspoons of water in a blender as you started blending, and, working very slowly, added the hot, melted butter until it's all incorporated. You then added lemon juice and cayenne, and season with salt and pepper. You then finely slice some avocadoes and rinse the cherry tomatoes and added them on the plate.