Kellin Kodiak

I woke up early this Saturday morning. I'd never say this out loud, but I'm eager to go to Adriano's house. I missed him in all the recent chaos. It would've been nice to have him along with us and crack jokes. Makai used to be like that, and I know he's trying to get back into that habit, but he's changed too much. He holds resentment towards his parents for covering up the secret of Reyna, he hates Enzo, he was tortured, and he was beaten. Makai will never be the same again, but I give him legendary props for trying. 

I was never really close with Reyna's clique, but I've seen the toll a close death causes. And I've seen the toll multiple close deaths causes. It breaks you down and puts you to the ultimate test. Will you break, or will you adapt? 

 Makai has broken. He's trying to fix himself, but once you break, you're never the same again.

Reyna had gone through some major turmoil, but she adapted. It explains her drive to hunt the killer, as well as her apathy towards the death of her father. 

In my opinion, neither of those things is better than the other. When you break, you experience an overwhelming weakness that sweeps you off your feet and gives you a swift kick in the balls. But then you have the opportunity to grow and become a new person that you never thought you could be. It's a chance at rebirth. 

When you adopt, you discover things about yourself that you never knew existed. This goes both ways; you could be a whole lot stronger than you judged yourself to be, for example. Or, you could be a lot weaker. Adapting is bending yourself to fit the situation, and it's only a matter of time until you can't bend anymore.

So maybe, in the end, we all break. It doesn't matter how we handle the situations we are presented with, we all break in the end. Wow, what a depressing epiphany.

 Anyways, I was busy being excited for tonight. 

I've no idea what to do, being that it isn't even afternoon yet. I've never been one for shopping, but maybe I should get a new outfit? New makeup? Maybe just an accessory? I imagine Allister or Della would have been good at this stuff, but I can't exactly ask them about this, can I? 

 Oh well. I guess Reyna will have to do.

You: Hey, can we go to the mall? I want to get something for Adriano's...

Reyna: Sounds good, but I have to tell you that the sheriff hired a detective to follow us.

You: What can a detective do that a psychopathic deputy fiancé can't?

Reyna: My point exactly. I'll meet you at your house.

You: Sweet.

Reyna gets here about an hour later, at which that time I ate breakfast and got changed. She knocks on the door and I shout for her to come in. I prepare for a giant cloud of angst with yellow eyes to come in with her, but for once, Reyna is Enzo-less. 

 "Reyna! It's just you," I say, sounding more pleased than normal. "I mean, uh...'sup?" 

 "You don't have to act like you're not Team Enzo," she teases, brushing her bangs behind her ears. "Your house is comfy."