Reyna Copulas

We woke up in the evening, our legs in a tangle and our arms wrapped around each other. I blinked my eyes into focus, clearing away my morning fog. Peacefully, Enzo's chest rises and falls with each breath he takes. The sunlight from his window leaks through the blinds and fills the room with its glow. I don't move as to not disturb Enzo in case he sleeps. We both need as much rest as possible.

"I know you're awake," he calls outs. "I can feel your eyelashes fluttering when you blink."

I clear my throat of disuse. "I didn't know if you were awake or not."

"How'd you sleep?" Enzo asks, sitting up and bringing me with him.

"Good. You?"

Cheekily, he grins, stretching his arms and watching me. "Better than usual."

 Lazily, I smile and trace the tops of his arms while they're spread out. Enzo grabs my hands once they reach his fingertips. 

 "I was thinking of seeing my parents. You know, making sure they're okay after Aerodied," he tosses out. "Also, it's time you meet them."

"I'll get ready now," I let him know.

"Reyna," he calls, halting my actions. "Don't take anything they say to heart."

"They can't be that bad," I state, getting up and putting my clothes back on.

"Oh, but they can," he corrects, putting pants on and slinging his long legs over the side of the bed. He puts his elbows on his knees and runs his hands through his long hair.

"Believe me, they can."

"I'll get a shower and get dressed. It'll take like, an hour," I assure you.

"A shower?" Enzo inquires, a deviant smirk trailing across his lips. The same ones that kissed me and called me perfect. "Can I join?"

I give him my classic are-you-serious face before leaving. "Be out soon," I call over my shoulder.

I turn back to see Enzo laugh and flop on his back with open arms. There's genuine happiness in him, which assures me. It assures me that I didn't make love and he just had sex – the feeling here is mutual. We're both in love.

 I hop in the shower, the water running through my messy hair and cleansing my skin.
Along the way, I think about Enzo when he said he'd never hurt me. I know it soundsnaïve, but after last night, I think there's a bond that couldn't possibly be breached by Enzo killing my friends. I don't think that even he could manage to cross that line. I smile at the thought.

 Instead, I think about what the point of the killer is. They seem to be pretty concerned with my killing Freddie. Perhaps the whole King family business is a cover-up for what the killer really wants. But then again, it's kind of hard to ignore the fact that Enzo's uncle killed himself just a few doors down. I mean, it has to be connected to this somehow, right? 

Sighing, I shake my head and finish up my shower. "Take it in stride, Reyna. Take it in stride."

I dry off and head to my room for an outfit. I'm meeting Enzo's parents, so I have to look respectable but stunning. Do I wear a dress, or a skirt, or shorts, or jeans? What kind of shirt do I pick out? Do I put on pants to match the shirt or a shirt to match the pants?

The sounds of brushing grow louder until they come into my room. Enzo enters, brushing his teeth. He wears dark blue, straight-leg jeans and a plaid shirt that's yet to be buttoned. "How about the white jeans with that flowery shirt you wore when we first kissed? That was a good one."