Enzo King

I haven't heard from Type since earlier this afternoon. 

 Or Reyna, whose voicemail I've gotten a hundred times. "Well fine. Don't answer my calls." Initially, I came home - Aero's home – to eat some dinner. Reyna's steamy with me now because I don't think she trusts me. Not because she's nervous, but because she's smart. She shouldn't trust me – well, the killer me. But there's a part of me that really loves her. Like, head over heels. I just have a crazily awesome ability to compartmentalize and separate killing her friends from hurting her. 

 Once this is all over, we won't have to worry about Type or who's going to die next. 

 Right now, we're finishing up dinner at the table. It's me and my brother, my mom and our father. My father looks like Aero, with his light eyes and hair. My mother looks like me, with dark hair and devious looks. My grandpa was the one with my eyes. He passed them down to my uncle, or so I'm told.

Speaking of my uncle... "So, Dad," I start, polishing off my plate. "I didn't know that uncle Giovanni had twins." Now that I think about it, the DNA in the blood at Destiny'sprobably belonged to the unknown twins."

 Mom looks over and Aero furrows his brows.

"What are you talking about, Enzo?" he inquires, vaguely annoyed.

"I saw some newspaper clippings and stuff about it. He lost his twins in an accident?" I clarify, studying my father.

"Where did you see those?" he cryptically interrogates, now studying me.

"In the hospital morgue when there was a lockdown. There were tons. How did I never see them before?"

How did I never see them before? It seemed like a pretty big deal.

"He didn't have twins," my mother bites unexpectedly. "Giovanni had patients who died at a young age around the time you were being born. That's it."

"According to the papers," I add, dismissing my mother. "He killed himself after they died...you told me he skipped town. Why did you lie?" 

 Unsurely, my dad looks to me. "You were young when Giovanni killed himself. But it's over now. Don't worry about it."

Foggy memories of myself bouncing on his leg and going with him to run errands surface to my mind. "Uncle Gio was a doctor. People die all the time in that field. Oh, and not the mention that these were the King twins!" My voice rises, anger at not understanding why my parents kept this a secret from me and why they continue to try and keep it that way.

"What?" Aero suddenly inquires, just as surprised as I am.

"Calm down! We already have one pain in the ass, don't be another one!" my mom screeches at Aero with tears in her eyes. Why is she crying?

Aero shrinks back, but I jackknife up. Pointing a finger at her, I shout, "You don't get to  talk to him like that, okay?"

"Who are you to talk to me like that?" Mother asks, getting up and meeting me at my side. She's intimidating up close and mystifying from afar. All in all, she's confrontational. We're a lot like.

 "Your son," I growl. "Which Aero isn't. Leave him out of this. I wanted answers, not him. You don't get to act like you can boss him around when you only came back because you needed money."

 As soon as I utter the words, my mother slaps me with a hot sting, my face jerking sideways. "Don't you talk to me like that

" I swallow my anger and stuff my ready-to-punch fists in my pockets. I turn to Aero."Aero, why don't you go hang out with some friends or something, okay?"