Kellin Kodiak

"I've called you like, a billion times, Adriano. I'm here and you're not. If your goal was to creep me out, you've accomplished it." I shove my phone in the inside pocket of my jacket and survey the house in the light of the moon. There's a brand new board on the steps among a bunch of rotting ones, which I find odd. 

Again, I text Adriano.

You: It's not funny anymore. Come on.

Adriano: What do you think of the place? Isn't it killer?

You: No.

Inside, there are rotted cribs and baby toys that seem centuries-old littering the ground."Uh-uh. Nope. This is creepy as hell. Goodbye," I bid the house, skipping down the steps and taking my keys out. Arriving at my car, I unlock the doors, which causes the lights to come on. "Adriano!" I roar, bending down to look at my tires. My slashed tires. "You're going to pay for this! I don't know if you think this is cute or whatever, but I'm pissed."

Adriano: Don't be so mad, Kell. It's only a game. Come find me.

You: I signed up for a location scout, not hide and seek, asshole.

As I start to put my phone away, I sigh in agitation as I get another text. No doubt, it Adriano.

Unknown: Hey, I got my phone back this afternoon and it took me, like, hours to get your number. But I said I would, didn't I?

You: Who is this?

Unknown: How many other people said they'd find your number?

Adriano: What's the matter, Kellin? Cat got your thumbs?

One of these people is Adriano, and one of them isn't. 

 I glance at the creepy house while I dial Reyna's number. I get her voicemail. "It'sReyna. I'm either being attacked, dying, or dead. But thanks for checking in." 

 Way to make a joke out of it. I guess coming out of everything with a sense of humour shows true resilience. If she won't answer her phone, then I'll text her...like, 100 times.

You: Who are you?

Adriano: Why don't you come inside and find out?

Unknown: Kodiak Zodiac, you there?

You: I'm at 4512. Please help. My car isn't working.

Unknown: Kellin...that's where Makai was being held. That's where Freddie died. Get the hell out of there. Run if you have to.

Adriano is virtually fearless. If he's telling me to run, I better start freaking running. I shove my phone in my pocket and take a deep breath before I sprint for my life.

I manage one step before I'm taken and gagged. My phone falls to the ground and my legs kick wildly, struggling to break free. The sweet smell of chloroform fills my nose and mutes my movements. I remember being dragged into the house and down a hidden basement, wondering how anyone can find me here. I'm also wondering where the hell all these people are finding chloroform.