Adelina Saylor

"Is her finger broken?" I ask the general audience of Enzo and Oscar. In a normal situation, I would've added these guys to my string of followers. We would've met at a party like Destiny's, we would've had a few drinks, I'd twirl my hair around my fingers and run my fingertips up their arms. I'd part my lips and make them beg for my number. Now, I'm in a hospital that's locked down by the killer and their men, where an innocent person is murdered every hour for no reason. Reyna's middle finger was broken for some reason, and now I'm watching over her with a complete stranger and legitimate psychopath. These aren't your normal situations, anymore. 

"Looks like it," Oscar confirms. 

 "Should someone go down and check for Hanzo?" I question, spotting Aero in the lobby. He darts in and out of rooms with medical supplies.

"Baby brother," Enzo grumbles under his breath, glaring out the door. "Playing nurse."

No one answers my question, so I huff and stand up. "Guess I'm going."

"Going where?" Enzo inquires, snapping out of his hateful thoughts. He looks at me with fiery yellow eyes, and I wonder how they're interpreted by Makai and Reyna -brother and sister – the tortured and the girlfriend. There's an underlying intensity about Enzo that reaches every part of him; his flaring eyes, his wound up posture, his edgy attitude. But then again, Enzo also contains a cool front. He's the guy every growing boy want to be. He's like the star quarterback prom king who can fix anything with a simple smile. But under his smile and charisma, there's a serious problem with this deputy, and the fact that he hides it so well is disturbing. 

"Downstairs. Hanzo is down there and I'd rather him not die while we're on bad terms," I explain.

 "Oh, but if you guys were on good terms then him dying wouldn't be a problem?" Enzochallenges. 

I scrutinize him. "Are you accusing me of something? Because if so, just say it."

 Enzo's jaw feathers and his eyes burn into mine. For an instant, I think he'll attack. He has a gun, after all. "Oscar Meyer wiener," Enzo summons, staring at me but talking to Oscar. "Go check on Hanzo. I'm sure you know all about him, too." 

"Wait, what? And why can't I go?" '

"Because you don't need to go. If anyone's going to die this next hour," Enzo jabs his thumb at Oscar. "I want it to be this creep."

"That's kind of sick..." I note.

"Yeah, well I'm a sicko. Happy? Don't care. Oz Poz, go down."

"Yes, sir," he salutes, walking towards the door. "And you're Adelina, right?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" I ask, looking into Oscar's multi-coloured eyes.

"I'm sure Prince Enzo will fill you in," he says with a wink.

Once Ozzy leaves, I sit by Reyna's body. "Who is he, exactly?"

"Some kid obsessed with us. He reads an all-knowing blog, apparently." 

 Enzo stretches, appearing relaxed amidst the chaos. With his arms high in the air, he winces and sits down abruptly. I study him, trying to wrap my mind around how this guy– a deputy – can be such a psychological monstrosity. After a moment of sitting, I notice a hole in his green shirt. Underneath that hole, I expected tan skin. Instead, there's white gauze. Slowly, it oozes crimson blood – a fresh wound...a gunshot wound. 

 "What happened to Reyna, again?" 

Enzo looks at her with eerie nothingness. "She was in a locked closet, passed out. Her middle finger was broken."