Kellin Kodiak

When I heard some crazy screaming, I came out of the bathroom. Grayson's focus snapped from me to the source of the sound. I take out my pocket knife and approach Gray's side. "So..." I say, wiping my cheeks dry. "Do we go towards the earth-shattering scream, or run away from it?" 

Gray acts like I wasn't hunched over a tub sobbing over a dead man. "Um...logically, we should run away from it, but I don't think logic is on our side tonight."

"Towards the sound, it is," I shorten. Grabbing Grayson's hand, I dash through to the living room and stop short when I see Enzo and his crazy mom. Desk Guy rams into me from behind and I almost go tumbling forwards. "Enzo?"

"Go!" he orders, voice hoarse. "The killer went that way. They shot Reyna." We don't move, concerned with all the blood and the unsure state of Alessa King. "Get out of here! I'm fine."

You stay with Enzo," I tell Grayson. "I'll help Reyna."

"Wait," Enzo stops. "Her crowbar is in the theatre room. Take it and go."

I find the crowbar that killed my ex-boyfriend. I take it and run to where Enzo pointed for me to go. I'm lead to the kitchen, where a trail of blood takes my mind on a wild adventure. There's a trail of fresh scarlet on the floor – Reyna's blood? Was she taken and dragged away? The pots and pans have been taken from their placeholders and have bullet holes in them. Was anyone actually shot, or were they all deflected?

Walking through the old classic brick-style kitchen, I come to the other side, where a handle-less door is clotted with red. It looks like someone was slammed up against the white wood. Was it Ghostface or Reyna? 

The kitchen winds back around to the staircase, where blood trickles on the steps in an eerie manner. I start to tiptoe up, only vaguely noticing the radio silence in the house. Even the music is gone, now. But once I see a crippled body, I forget any stealth I was trying to maintain and book it to the top. 

Trying to use the handrail to stand is a girl: medium brown hair with a dyed streak, seafoam green eyes, light tan skin, and a dress turned into a shirt. It's Maren, the sheriff's daughter. "Where are you hurt?" I ask, examining her to find where the blood is coming from. I can't help but look past her body and around everywhere else. This blood trail ends with Maren. So where is Reyna? 

 "I was stabbed," she groans, clutching her side. "I don't know where the killer went."

"Where's Makai?" I inquire, tearing off the bottom part of my tank and tying it around her wound. "And did you see Reyna?"

"No, no, no," she groans, eyes clenched shut in pain. "Makai ran when Ghostface showed up and I haven't seen Rey. Where's Enzo?"

"Long story," I summarize. "They're downstairs in the living room. Go meet up with them."

Before Maren responds, I charge into the first room I see the one with the balcony. Too easily, I find him. Makai sports a split lip and a stab to his side that was exactly like Maren's wound. "Behind you," he manages, body moving as he coughs blood that stains the red-soaked sheets. 

Whirling around, I face a masked being who rings me through with a knife. The blade plunges into my side, and as they sink the weapon further into me, they grab a handful of my hair and slam my head against the wall, making me see stars. I'm still conscious, but I feel is almost paralyzed; immobile. 

It's all I can do to watch as Ghostface simply waltzes down the steps.