By The Way...

I was a little shocked that Shade was outside waiting for me when I stepped out the next morning. I shouldn't have been. My brother was going to take me to school on his way to work but I had a ride.

"Is that Shade Isadore?" Joe was lost.

"Yes. My boyfriend is taking me to school so don't worry. And I'm pretty sure he will drop me at work." I smiled. "By the way, I'm gay."

Joe just smiled. "Good to know and I caught that with the boyfriend comment. Good to see you again, Shade."

"Hello, Joe Renner. Is it okay that I take Shaw to school?" Shade had to ask.

"It's fine. More convenient for me and it's just Joe, Shade. I want to hear this story later, Shaw. See you tonight. You two behave! I love you." Joe was in the truck and pulling out of the drive as I yelled I love you back.

Wow, that was the easiest coming out story ever! Shade opened my door and fastened my seat belt. We were off to school and I came out to my brother. It was already a full day.

We parked and walked in the building as Shade took my hand. "You are my territory, Shaw. I will not be happy if someone, a wolf, touches you."

"Shade, I would never cheat on you!"

"I know. I do. But you would smell like them." Shade pulled me to the office and changed my schedule. I was with him in all the classes. Okay.

"Possessive much!" I teased and smiled. "I'm joking, Shade."

Shade smiled. "I know." He got close to my ear. "I am. Look at you. You are a sexy human!" He pulled me to the bathroom. He kissed my neck and I felt his teeth. "Don't move...Just trust me."

I closed my eyes and nodded. I was half waiting for teeth to sink in but it was just one tooth. I gasped but it was fast and his tongue slid over my skin.

"I just had to mark you. This says you belong to a vampire. Are you okay?" Shade watched me to make sure I was okay. I wasn't freaking out.

I nodded. "I'm still alive!" I smiled as he glared at my joke. "We better get to class." I'm clearly a nerd at heart. I didn't have the Life class. Shade got me out of that. My vampire boyfriend was the best. Why didn't that sentence freak me out? Either part, the vampire or the boyfriend! I was gay, I guess.

School was nothing exciting. I spent the day with Shade and loved it. He dropped me at work and the guys smiled.

Hank, my boss, shook my hand. "Boy, that engine rebuild was perfect."

I smiled. "I know."

"Cocky little man, huh?" He chuckled. "I was thinking about giving you a raise."

"But? I just started and it's only been a couple of months here." I stared at Hank.

His eyes went to the mark on my neck. I noticed. He didn't comment. He knew what this was. He knew I belonged to a vampire. Was that what this was about? He knew about vampires! He knew.

Okay. That was why I was getting a raise. "No. Look, I love working. I'm good with my wage, Hank, but thanks."

I just turned down more money but I didn't want special treatment. I wanted to earn a raise.

Hank looked out the front window of the store. Shade's car was gone but it was just right there. "I see that Shade Isadore has befriended you."

I nodded. I didn't know what their opinion of men liking other men was so I was staying quiet. "He's a friend."

"A friend?" Hank had this look like he knew.

"Yes?" I wasn't sure where this was going.

"So, Shaw... you know that this town is a little... different, yes?" Hank looked worried.

I nodded. He knew about vampires and werewolves.

"That includes the Isadores... they are different..." Hank was trying not to say it.

"I understand that." I stared at him.

Hank broke into a smile. "So you know..." His eyes went back to Shade's mark and stayed there.

I was pretty positive that he knew now. How old are we here? I touched it with my finger. "About this?"

Hank smiled. "Yes. You're an absolute, yes?"

I smiled. "Yes. I'm Shade's absolute...how do you know... about..."

Hank's eyes turned to a glowing blue. "We are everywhere." He smiled a sharp smile.

So, my boss was a vampire. Good to know. "Okay!" This made me feel happy. I felt more comfortable around vampires than regular people. Weird. "I hate secrets! So, everyone here...." I smiled like a fool.

Hank nodded and smiled his regular human smile. "Everyone in my shop.... We are all part of the same tribe. The Isadore Tribe. It's like Werewolves and their packs."

I nodded because I'm stupid. "I actually know nothing about them. I'm learning. Shade's teaching me but he's being very gentle... I don't know if that's the right word. But he's..."

Hank smiled. "He's a good boy."

"Okay."

"You love him?" Hank watched me.

"I do love him." I sighed. Just thinking about him turned me to mush. I loved him with all that I was.

"Good. You bonded. You know that, yeah?" Hank watched me intently.

"Yes. I know some things. I know that there are Werewolves here too but I know very little I suspect. So, is there something to do?" I smiled.

Hank smiled at me with this goofy grin. "Let's tell the guys!" He pulled me into the main garage. "Hey, guys! Our little human here is bonded to our very own Shade Isadore!" He was all smiles like I was his son and I just had a child, that kind of smile.

The men stopped working and rushed over like puppies or a herd of vampires. I got hugs and one man, Otis, actually picked me up and spun me around. They all smelled my neck and saw the mark. Shade's mark. We celebrated and Hank went for a cake! This was a big deal, I had no idea how big. They acted like we were engaged.... Holy shit! Were we engaged?

I had a question for Shade now!

I was freaking out internally throughout work. The thought of being engaged bounced in my head all day and I couldn't focus. I just thought about Shade. Simple oil changes were difficult. I had to just breathe.

I love my job, forget about vampires and marks and just do my job.

This was what I said to myself all day. Well, for the three hours that I worked but after the celebration and cake, it was like forty-five minutes of actual work. 

Enjoy and thanks for reading!